I come out from under the covers and sit by the window.

Worried that I might get cold, Elliot wraps the blanket around me from behind.

"After breakfast, we can go outside and build a snowman."

Facing Elliot's suggestion, I smile, "I didn't expect you to be so childlike."

He pretends to be wronged: 'I knew you thought I was getting old.'

After the New Year, I am twenty-eight, and Elliot is thirty-five.

But it seems like we've known each other for a lifetime. I've seen him at his worst and at his best.

I lean against him, looking at the snow outside the window, and say to him, 'I think you're not old enough.'

Because suddenly I'm a bit curious, wondering if we'll still love each other when we're too old to go down the mountain casually, if we'll still rely on each other's love to step into the future together.

The room gradually warms up, and we take a long bath together.

When we come out, Elliot sighs, 'If there's something important to do outside, I definitely can't bathe with you.'

I walk behind him, drying my hair and laughing, 'Why?'

He turns around, glances at me with a smile, and sits me down in the chair.

'Asking a question you already know the answer to!'

He wipes the water droplets off my hair and then picks up the hairdryer to blow-dry my hair.

My hair is quite long, reaching my waist. Elliot takes the opportunity to touch it and asks with a smile, 'What do you want to eat?'

'I don't know.' I turn around and hug Elliot's neck from behind, leaning against him, and we head to the kitchen like that.

Elliot stops in front of the fridge, opens the door, and looks inside.

'Creamy shrimp and mushroom soup?'

'Okay.'

'Then I'll give it a try today.' He takes out mushrooms and milk from the fridge and asks me, 'Is the milk still good?'

I release Elliot, take the milk from his hand, and search for the production date and expiration date for a while before finding them. 'It still has three days left.'

'Well, let's use it up then.' Elliot takes out all the necessary ingredients and doesn't let me help.

I swallow and agree with his enthusiasm, but... Some people may really lack experience and talent in doing these things.

Elliot washes the mushrooms and awkwardly cuts them all into chunks instead of slices.

I quickly ask him put down the knife, 'Let me do the cutting. You can take out the butter and flour.'

Elliot feels a bit belittled, but when it comes to cooking, I do have more say.

He can only turn around obediently, follow my instructions, and then start cutting the other ingredients.

There are onions among the ingredients, and I remember something, looking up at him. 'Cut a little less onion. Be careful not to get it in your eyes.'

As a result, by the time I finish preparing the shrimp, Elliot's eyes are already red, and he looks at me with teary eyes.

'Is my cutting not bad?' he asks.

I look at his teary eyelashes and can't help but find him adorable.