CHAPTER 6: FOLLOWED

SHIKAINA TURNER POV'S

Life is actually quite straightforward. Get up, go through your morning routine, eat, work or do housework, go home or rest, eat, and go to bed. That's all, but if it occurs once more.

You no longer like doing anything, finding excitement in getting up in the mornings, or, most importantly, having an appetite for anything you do.

I've done nearly nothing but that for the past month, and I'm exhausted. I'm just incredibly exhausted, not because I don't want to work. I feel like I'm back in my childhood today and am eager to have fun. Swimming with your family is enjoyable.

"Sister, it's so good." Gianna's comment on the Jollibee we ate that I ordered earlier.

Perhaps it tastes better pickled. If only those stupid men hadn't tried and purchased the stuff.

Hyst!

Before taking a piece of the food, I chased myself to say, "It's delicious."

"Thank you. I had so much fun, I don't know how to repay you." Jayvee replied humbly, alluding to his visit to this location.

"That's fine. What are you doing? I brought you here to get back at you, so let's go."

I placed my hand on his shoulder, as if we were good friends. "But this is too much, Kana."

"It's fine. Let's just enjoy the day."

We just kept eating, and then Jayvee and I put the food away since the kids went swimming again and my grandma was talking to an elderly woman in the other cottage; perhaps she knows someone and just saw again.

I pulled my phone out of my bag as I was setting the table because it rang out of the blue.

>>>Incoming call, Shelexa

She is a Shay Alexa Alcones. A 24-year-old woman that has been my  close friend since high school. We met at the guidance office. She is smart, just like me, which makes her my number 1 enemy when it comes to academics, especially in the field of social studies. In class, we were rivals forever. During recitation, we were always rivals in class. Only the two of us who answered and no one beat on us until I got bored with her so I kicked her. We only know each other's names at the guidance office because we had no interest in each other's lives.

"Hey Kana! Don't you want to know what's going on today?" I was surprised by what she said.

Why? What's up?

"Finn's birthday?" I answered the question.

"H-his birthday too?" She asked curiously.

I was confused by what she was asking. Why is there 'too'? Anyone else have a birthday? Who is it?

"Yes, it's his birthday," i answered confused.

"It turns out we have the same birthday!" She happily said.

I was dumbfounded. It's her birthday too?.

I thought for a moment before I remembered that today is also her birthday.

I remembered that on her 24th birthday she celebrated her birthday at the club where I work.

"Hehe happy birthday to you" I shyly greeted her. I remembered that your birthdays are at the same time... And besides, a lot has happened hehe"

"Yes, it's been a long time since we last met" her voice suddenly became sad.

We haven't seen each other for almost 6 months because we're too busy at work.