PROLOGUE

SHIKAINA TURNER POV'S

Everyone has a right to have what they desire, not because they toiled hard to obtain it, but rather because they found a means to do it. They are working on ways to obtain goods they deserve but are unable to obtain for various reasons. Although challenging, it is manageable. I might say that I haven't achieved what I deserve till now at my age because it took me a very long time to do so in my life.

I'm Shikaina Turner, also known as "Shi at Kana" is the name most people refer to me by. I'm 24 years old and currently residing in Batangas... Anyway, I work as a waitress at The Brooks Club House and occasionally sing.

I work to ensure our survival because I have seven younger siblings. The only living relative we have is grandma Emilia because our parents have both passed away. Our parents had a car accident, so they had to leave us early.

With a small lego toy in his hand, Finn inquired, "Sister Kana, how are things?"

He is our youngest sibling and is quite mischievous, yet we are really close. He is an extremely attractive and 5-year-old child.

I said, "Help your brother Max." I dragged him over to Max, who was on his phone.

He grumbled, "I'm doing something, sister. I might lose... Hyst! The signal is weak, oh!"

He is our fourth siblings, named Max. He is a 17-year-old who is neglecting his studies because he is too preoccupied with his cellphone.

I mocked him with my neck, "Do you want to get stuck there?!" I hung my sling bag and said, "Take care of that. I'm leaving." Because it is my duty hour at eight in the morning.

Even if I'm a bit late, I'm confident that our manager will think of another excuse. It always is.

Scarlett gestured to my wallet, which was positioned close to the television, saying, "Sister, ask me for money there. I'm leaving later."

She is Scarlett, a 22-year-old woman who resembles me a lot. If she weren't a little darker than I am, some people may have thought we were twins.

I carefully unzipped my wallet.

The only money on my wallet is Senator Benigno Aquino Jr., and President Corazon Aquino which is placed on ₱500.00 and Philippine President Manuel A. Roxas that on ₱100.00

What kind of week can I squeeze that money into?

Prior to giving my sibling the ₱100.00, I closed my eyes. Manuel A. Roxas, president of the Philippines, is gone. I'll miss my ₱100.00. HAHA

These days, earning money is so difficult that spending it is something you'd rather avoid.

She thanked me and went to the right room, the girls' bedroom, saying, "Thank you, sister."

Since our house has only two bedrooms, I simply designated the right bedroom as the girls' bedroom and the left bedroom as the boys' bedroom.

Before I put the wallet in the bag, I walked after her shouting, "Go home early."

She replied, placing the cash in her cellphone case. "Yes sister."

As I exited the kitchen, Chloe handed me food and said, "Eat now sister."

She is Chloe, a bright 19-year-old. She has a really attractive face and complexion regardless of the makeup she wears.

I walked over to her and straightened her hair tie.

"Why are you eating alone?... What's your dish?" She turned to follow me and added, "Adobo sister, I believe grandma prepared it."