seven

⋆ seven ⋆

⋆ seven ⋆

"And of course, at the World Unity Festival you should invite our British shareholders–"

"Why?"

Nathan Henson, one of the members of the board of directors, stares at Lily in stunned surprise. "I'm sorry?"

Lily just keeps leaning back in her seat, twirling it around just the slightest bit every few seconds, elbow leaning boredly on the armrest. Her fingers pull away from where they're playing with a strand of loose hair from her bun.

"You heard me, Mr Henson. Why should I invite our British shareholders? What's the point?"

Startled by the question, Nathan just stammers for a moment before glancing around, only for another board member to continue with, "Because they're still a part of this company, Miss Osborn."

She pulls a face in return, not seemingly convinced by the argument. "Actually, that's something I wanted to address. Our British shareholders no longer have part of the company. I'm not sure if you're aware, but there's an economic crisis going on in Britain. They have nothing to provide us, so again, why should we continue working with them let alone invite them?"

The door bursts open, and before Lily can scold the person entering, her countenance relaxes at the sight of JJ. He hurries over, ignoring the annoyed mutters of the board, before bending and murmuring something in Lily's ear. It seems to change her completely, the woman sitting up straight, something stony entering her eyes before her friend pulls away awkwardly.

"It's tradition," Mr Addams huffs, completely disregarding JJ's entrance. Every time the oldest member there speaks, Lily has to resist the urge to groan. Of course her entire board of directors is comprising of old white men. "And you answer to tradition."

"Tradition is just peer pressure from the dead, Mr Addams. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have somewhere to be."

Without any other warning, the woman stands up and picks up her files before her heels clip against the ground to signal her exit, JJ following quickly. Just before he closes the door, he catches sight of the faces of the board, allowing himself a satisfactory smile.

They're in the elevator before she finally relaxes, allowing a knowing smirk to form on her lips. "Were they shocked?"

"Appalled," he confirms with a chuckle, calling the ground floor to K.A.R.I.. It's only a second before he grows serious. "But we still have a problem, and it's getting pretty tense."

"Hence why I'm going to make my way over and deal with this once and for all."

"You're not going to be able to stop it yourself."

Something angry sparks in her gaze, and JJ can see it clear as day. He's known Lily ever since elementary school, and if there's one thing he knows, it's when she's angry, she's dangerous. "Watch me."