epilogue

⋆ epilogue ⋆

⋆ epilogue ⋆

6 months later.

"Okay, hear me out. Brand new black suit, bow tie, looking sharp. Slow music, nice diner, dim lighting, dancing, red roses, end the night with a kiss. It's sexy as hell."

When planning how he'd propose, Peter Parker couldn't help but remember the very words Lily Osborn told him almost two years ago. At the time, she was trying her hardest to help Peter get back with MJ to stop the rumours about them dating that the Daily Bugle found joy in printing daily.

It was back when she was a romantic, taking all the date ideas she could from novels about CEOs and Mafia bosses and such. She didn't realise that when she was suggesting the idea, she was saying it to one of the biggest nerds out there, who'd trip over his left two feet the moment he tried to dance (that is, unless he had Venom, the only time he became somewhat 'cool'). If Peter Parker decided to follow through on this for an engagement, things would go very wrong very quickly.

So that idea was gone.

Peter had arranged a meet-up with Jesse, Mary Jane and Aunt May to brainstorm ideas, and they'd managed to narrow it down to a few:

1. At the park by the swings. Organise a light show (JJ can get a hold of fireworks) and hire a band to play the Jets.On the Chrysler Building. 

2. Go for a swing and land at the top ledge, look at the sights and dangle a ring from the very top on a rope. (JJ and May were very puzzled as to how Peter would manage to get to the top of the Chrysler building, although MJ managed to change the subject).

3. Go out for dinner, drop the engagement ring into her glass of champagne and have music playing around their table (admittedly recycling, MJ realised very quickly, but they were pressed for ideas).

4. By Harry's grave. However, when this idea was mentioned by Peter, it was almost instantly shot down. There's no way Lily Osborn would want to be proposed to beside her dead brother in tears. Peter had argued that Lily wouldn't be crying, but agreed it was a backup plan all the same.

5. At the new bakery. Come in during rush hour playing Careless Whisper while wearing a suit and skip the queue before proposing. Not the best, but backup-backup.

"Time to get possessed by Venom again," Peter had muttered to himself when he looked back on the list, much to the confusion of everyone else. There's no way any of these ideas will work. If this is all he can really think of, is he mature enough to even get married?

It's the thought that stays in his head even when he takes the subway, passing the park where he and Lily used to spend time. It's the very same park that has a few children playing in it now, a couple of them arguing over cones of ice cream.

Peter smiles at the sight, tucking his hands in his pockets. He heads into the once-boarded building, now painted white and pink on the outside along with designs and swirls and all sorts of personalised decorations that Lily and Peter got into a paint fight doing a few months ago.