prologue

Rhaenya Targaryen, a girl that's what she was

Rhaenya Targaryen, a girl that's what she was. She was a stupid girl as people would call her, but what would a fifteen year old do? She was a child, a child bride if anything like her sister and her mother. How do all three women in her family meet the same faith?

The princess was born on April 114 AC, the room was full of not just one, but two wailing sounds that ran through the castle. Her twin brother was born first, Daeron Targaryen, then her... Rhaenya Targaryen. Why in the world was a princess named after her own half-sister? Who let this happen?

The King did.

Why would a King name his third daughter after his eldest daughter? Was the question of the Smallfolk. The only assumption that people could come up with was that the princess looked similar to Princess Rhaenyra.

Rhaenya.

Rhaenya had it hard to believe that her half-sister would do such a horrid act towards them. She never had heard her sister talking badly about any of her other siblings. Her mother would call her a stupid little girl, for falling into Rhaenyra's traps. This only made her relationship with her mother worse. The lies, the corruption, Alicent Hightower held upon her children.

While some might say that King Viserys neglected his children, Rhaenya was the eye-catcher of the family. She brought it upon herself to try to create a relationship with her father. At the age of five, the girl would bring books to her father's chambers and the two would read together.

She had a father who she had thought loved her, the girl believed she he had loved her. Or was she the daughter of a King who had forgotten her name? Many speculated the only reason Viserys accepted and loved that child was, his old age couldn't see the difference between Rhaenyra and Rhaenya.

It is hard to state what kind of relationship she had with her mother, knowing the way she had treated her eldest half-sister, she feared her mother. Servants and maids have stated it would be seen that Rhaenya ran to her sister Helaena for the most part.

That's who she cried to, when she needed to cry that's where she went when she didn't know what to do. Helaena Targaryen looked out for her sister more than anyone else did in King's Landing. The mother figure stood by her side, not for power, not to manipulate her, but to hear the words of what she had to say.

Being separated from Daeron at the age of 8, didn't help the young Princess, a piece of her was missing.  When Otto Hightower heard the words of the relationship between Rhaenyra and Rhaenya, he realized it should've been both of the twins should've been sent to OldTown.