Chapter 10- A Horrible Day

another goofy ass chapter

...

"FIRE. WAKE UP."

Fire Spirit woke to Wind Archer shaking him aggressively, groaning as he rubbed his eyes.

"Five more minutes..."

"No seriously, you need to get out, NOW."

Fire Spirit sat up and blinked a few times, trying to adjust to the light. "Why though..." he yawned, stretching.

"No time to explain." Wind Archer threw Fire Spirit's clothes at him. "Get dressed. And make it quick. You better be quiet while we're out there, company is the last thing I want right now."

"...Is someone here to kill me, or-"

"... Something like that, yeah. Now shut up and get dressed."

Fire Spirit didn't really want to die, especially after what happened last night. Dying felt rather unpleasant. So he did as told and quickly put on his suit and cape, and Wind Archer grabbed his wrist and dragged him out of the room.

"So who's trying to kill me or us?" Fire Spirit asked as they ran through the trees.

"It's complicated. Now shut up."

They came to a stop as voices became audible.

"Oh shit... that's the churro village... ok, Fire, I need you to be as quiet as you can. Don't let anyone see y-"

"Wait, the churro villagers are trying to kill me?!"

"Shut up! I'll explain everything to you when we're out..."

So they moved behind the bushes, (trying) to keep a low profile.

Which didn't really work, since Fire Spirit gave off an obvious and bright glow that they didn't take into account, until Wind Archer heard a child squeal in fear and shout "FIRE! FIRE!"

Fuck.

Before either of them can react, a cookie parted the leaves with a bucket full of water. And Fire Spirit would've almost died again if Wind Archer hasn't gotten in front of him in time.

So, new scene. Wind Archer was soaked, with Fire Spirit cowering in fear behind him, and a group of churro villagers around them.

And Churro Cookie, who was the one with the water, stopped panicking as soon as he realized who it is.

"Wait. Wind Archer?"

Wind Archer sighed, dread in his stomach. "...hello, Churro."

Churro noticed Fire Spirit, and pointed to him. "Isn't that the fallen spirit from the valley you told me about?"

"Yeah..."

Churro stared at him. "Wait... don't tell me... he's your boyfriend..."

Wind Archer turned red. "Boyfriend?! Who gave you that idea... I don't even have a boyfriend..."

Churro shrugged. "The tree told me you have a boyfriend. He told basically everyone in the village. Claims that he caught you in the act this morning as well. Honestly, great wind, didn't you say you'd never have a love life because of 'enemies knowing your weakness' or whatever?"

"W-wait, boyfriend?!" Fire Spirit was most definitely bewildered. "Wait... 'caught you in the act'?? Wind Archer, wha-"

Wind Archer was too flustered with shame and embarrassment to respond at this point.

"Wait, don't tell me you fucking kissed me while I was asleep?!"

"NO?? WHY WOULD I- OK WE'RE DONE HERE." he grabbed Fire Spirit's arm again, and dragged him out of the crowd, running as fast as he could, while Fire Spirit was questioning everything behind him.

...

"Care to explain, Wind?" Fire Spirit muttered when they were out of the forest.

"Explain... what..."

"Don't act stupid. I know the 'boyfriend' they're talking about is me. So, what happened..."

"... do I have to?"

"Yes. Since I'm involved, don't I get to hear what happened?"

Wind Archer groaned in annoyance. He might as well get this over with.

"Ok FINE. but don't laugh, ok?!"

"Um, ok?"

Wind Archer took a deep breath. "Ok so y'know how you were at my house yesterday and I let you sleep on my bed?"

"Yeah?"

"Well this morning Millennial Tree just so happened to walk in on us, and if you ask me, you wearing my clothes and sleeping on my bed definitely implied to him that we did the...forbidden dance. So... I guess now he's telling everyone about that?"

Fire Spirit stared at him, wide eyed, then bursted out laughing, falling back and rolling on the hot brownie floor of the dragon's valley.

"IT'S NOT FUNNY! Now I'll have to deal with the villagers teasing me about this every single fucking day!"

After a while, Fire Spirit stood up, tears in the corner of his eyes. "I'm sorry, it's just... too good... how did he think that?!"

"Remember it was me who took care of you when you almost died..." Wind Archer growled, "so don't you dare laugh at me for that..."

"Sure sure, sorry, Windy~" Fire Spirit laughed, "anyways, thank you for your hospitality, I'm going back home. Bye!"

"Yeah whatever. Wait what did you just fucking call me?!"