chapter forty-two: gravity falls Jesus.

a/n: art and oc by sel.

_____

Audrey trailed behind me, looking around the alternate version of gravity falls. 

"Woah... it looks so much like the original!" she said, doing a full 360-degree turn. 

"Agreed." I say, looking around as well. it seemed even the pine trees and obnoxiously loud signs where in the same places. 

while Audrey proceeded to fangirl over her surrounding, I looked around, trying to see if I could find any differences. I turned around to see her going in the exact opposite direction I was trying to go. sighing, I followed her through the woods. 

"Where are you going, exactly?" I ask, peaking over the ghost's shoulder. (Which, mind you, wasn't that hard because she was transparent.)

"Absolutely no clue! this place is awesome! it looks just like the cartoon! do you think we might see bill?!" she paused and groaned"what if I embarrass myself Infront of him?" 

"you'll be fine." I shrug. "If he's anything like the bill in my universe, he's chaotic, but relatively chill. if you aren't Yanno... face-shift-able. it's like punchable, but with face shifting." I explain with a joking smile.

Audrey gave me a weird look, before promptly going back to rambling about being in gravity falls. 

then the sound of movement in the air could be heard from behind me. I turned around, fully expecting to see bill, only to be met by a completely different person. it was a woman, well, girl. female? she looked young and was of the female gender. that's what I was trying to say. she had a purple eye, and the other eye had a star in it. she had brown hair with little bits of pink-Ish purple, and axolotl features. 

she floated to the ground, softly landing on a pile of leaves. she looked at Audrey and I curiously. 

naturally, I assumed this strange new entity was a version of me after being transported into a new au. "Are you another version of me?" I asked her. me speaking all of the sudden caused Audrey to look over at me, promptly looking at the axolotl-person curiously. 

The axolotl-person took a moment or so to regain herself, adjusting to her surroundings before fully acknowledging our presence. "Another... version of you?" She trailed off in question before smiling warmly. "I don't reckon, but are you the one who summoned me?"

I blinked at her, confused. "Summon? no, I don't think so."

The girl kept quiet, her tail gently swaying back and forth in thought. "Hm... are you sure? Did you read anything out or internally or chant anything...?" She seemed to be as equally confused as me as to why she was here if she hadn't been summoned in the first place.

"Nope." I say bluntly, before turning to Audrey, raising my eyebrow at her. she gave a 'don't look at me! I didn't do anything!' look. before I turned back to the girl.

She hummed in thought once more as she propped herself up to levitate in the air, keeping quiet once more. She seemed to question why she was here again, before snapping her fingers together and the brightness in the star brightening. 

 "Oh! Wait! This is Gravity Falls, is it not?" She exclaimed, her expression shifting to a more understanding and content look, "Weirdness magnets usually act up for my summoning, something could have triggered it... maybe a fairy tried to read it but forgot of it..."

Audrey floated next to me, clearly as confused as I was. "Do you think this is like... the bill cipher of this universe?" she whispered to me "I mean, it's better than human bill or will, but still..."

 I shook my head. "Doubt it. come on, bill as an axolotl? unlikely. I think the only difference in the universe is the existence of this person." I said back to her.

The Axolotl-Person floated over towards them, raising an eyebrow before glancing back and forth at the two mortals. 

 "Huh? Cipher.. Cipher.. Cipher... oh. No. You two are mistaken, heavily," She started off, only lightly grimacing. "Not at all. That poor soul from the 2nd dimension has much more different morals than I."

I look up at her curiously. "Okay, so you're not a version of me, nor are you a version of bill, so who exactly are you." I pause. "Like the daughter of the axolotl or whatever?" I jested.

She merely smiled. "Oh, yes! Yes, that's exactly what I am." 

"My name's Mosnii. But for your sake, you can refer to me as Moss." Moss smiled, crossing her legs as she comfortably sat in the air.

I blink rapidly. "Seriously?" I pause. "Okay then..."

 Audrey looked like she wanted to say something but wasn't sure if it was considered rude or not. I awkwardly rocked back and forth on my heels to the tips of my feet.

Moss shrugged in response before quickly taking note of Audrey's expression."Are you alright?" She asked, tilting her head. A sign to show she was listening.

"o-oh! ye-yeah! I'm good. just uh... what's with the star on/in your eye?" she asked.

"The... Star? Oh, wait. That! Ah... I'm not entirely sure myself as I never really cared to ask my father about it... I will when I get back though. I'm sure he'll have an answer to why!" The star shone brightly when she smiled widely, a serene look settling her features after so before it dimmed down.

while they spoke to each other, I was thinking to myself. I decided to voice one of my thoughts. "Does that basically make you the Jesus of gravity falls?" I ask suddenly, without any context. "Not the star thing, but like your dad being basically the god and whatever."

Moss turned her gaze towards me, now tilting her head in confusion. "I... don't know what that is but if that's what makes you understand, then sure! I think..."

"More of a who, not a what, but eh." I shrug. "Oh, and what's the deal with bill? You seemed to have some sort of issue with him."

With that name said, the star's brightness flickered, and her eyelid had been lowered into a hard stare for merely a moment before softening. 

 "Ah... him. Well— yes. Sort of. Him and his weirdmageddon. The start of what will unravel to be a spiral of chaos all throughout." She sighed, glancing over to the side, "He isn't getting anywhere with this. Hm. Weirdmageddon. Has... has it started yet?" Moss asked, looking up to examine the area around.

I shook my head. "It doesn't seem so. if it did the sky would be red and stuff."

She sighed in relief, wiping away an imaginary bead of sweat. "Thank goodness..." Almost instantly her mood changed from such a somber look to a more cheerful one. "Ah well, a day more without chaos! That's good..."

Audrey turned to look at me "would now be a bad time to mention you helping out bill in your universe?" 

both of our heads snap towards her. I give her a "dude!?" look. 

"...you what?" Moss asked, turning her head towards my direction. She looked confused.

yeah. this would probably not go as planned.