chapter ten - coffee & puppets

We stepped down the ladder and walked toward the kitchen, dipper walked like a zombie past the table, and while I was just as tired as he was I managed to hide it a tad better. (also I think bill is favoring me because he let me get a actual good night's sleep. not sure if him liking me is a good thing though, I don't want to end up like ford.)

"woah! bag check for dipper eyes!" Stan said, there was silence, it was like you could hear the crickets that where in the kitchen... actually do they have bug problems? "haha, nobody?"

"dipper! I told you to get some sleep last night! here wake up with some Mabel juice, you too y/n! it has plastic dinosaurs in it~" Mabel says, shaking the blender.

"its like coffee and nightmares had a baby." stan said, shivering. 

"speaking of which where is the coffee? I'm tired as hell." I said rummaging through the cabinets for something to make it with.

"the powder stuff is in the cabinet above you." Stan said pointing above my head at the cabinet.

"thanks." I reached up then grabbed the coffee powder from above me and started making myself a cup, when it was done I walked out of the kitchen to see what I missed.

"-wait hold up the triangle guy?" Mabel said putting a triangle over her eye.

"are we talking about bill right now?" I asked looking back and forth between them, dipper nodded. "yeah, he came into me and dipper's dreamscape and tried to get dipper to make a deal for the code to the laptop." I said finishing with a sip of some of my coffee

"don't worry guys! today is the day that the mystery twins are back in action!" Mabel said determination leaking out of her voice "I'll help you crack that code I just got to hand out my puppet stuff to my production crew."

"production crew?" dipper and I asked, as Mabel led us outside to candy and Grenda.

"we made the script, very emotional." candy said fixing her glasses.

"I cried like eight times!" Grenda said, proud of this accomplishment.

"surely its not that emotional, I helped with some of the plot." I said looking over the script again "oh, you guys changed my additions"

"I'm sorry Y/n, but it just... didn't fit?" Mabel said giving her classic look of 'I-don't-know-how-to-put-this-nicely'

I read some of the script. "just HAD to make the puppet show a fantasy rom-com." I sighed handing Mabel the script. "can I at least be the officiant? I want to wear a suit."

"nope."

"why?" I ask, getting ignored by Mabel's newest crush.

"hey ladies." Gabe said skating up then put his arm on the pole, dipper and I rolled our eyes.

"Gabe!" Mabel shouted running up to him.

"I was just blading by, helps my ponytail dry after a shower" Gabe said while taking off his helmet shaking his hair and making sounds that sounds a lot like... moans... and they call this a kids show? my god.

"I'm getting uncomfortable." I said, leaning down and whispering to dipper.

"me too" he whispered back.

"its so great to see you! I was just working on the worlds greatest puppet show. it has puppets!" Mabel said waving her arms in the air enthusiastically.

"your passion is so refreshing Mabel" Gabe spoke "unlike the girl from last nights puppet show, single stitch on one puppet, cross stitch on the other? I was like uh-uh"