𝟎𝟓𝟏

All Hell Breaks Loose: Part 1

chapter fifty one , All Hell Breaks Loose: Part 1

a/n : WE'RE SO CLOSE TO THE END OF THE SEASONNNNN

━━━━━━━━━━

The radio was blasting rock music (as usual). The car wasn't silent, but there was a lingering feeling of rage and it wasn't coming from either of the brothers. Dean slows to a stop, in front of a diner. He holds a wad of cash out to his brother. "Hey, don't forget the extra onions this time, huh?"

"Dude, we're the ones who are gonna have to ride in the car with your extra onions." Sam sighs, he then takes the money. Deann gives Sam a mischievous smile. Sam then looks back at the quiet girl. "Hey, Thena. Did you want anything?"

Athena softly hums, her eyes glued to the window. "Not hungry."

Dean looks at Sam, "She'll have a cheeseburger with tomatoes.

Did Athena like tomatoes? Yes. But did she want any from Dean? No.

But she didn't even manage to muster up a response. She just shakes her head and sighs. Sam and Dean exchange a look of worry for their little sister. "How about you get some pie too?" Dean speaks. "Athena, you want some pie?"

"Sure." Athena's voice was a murmur.

Sam inhales a small breath. It's been like this since the Djinn. Athena cut every single opportunity for a conversation short. Dean understood why she was mad and he wasn't going to pretend like he wasn't angry at himself for what he did. Sam had heard about what happened from Dean. But he hasn't heard it in Athena's words. Every time he tried to ask about it, she would just get quiet and say she was tired.

Sam looks at Dean and gives him a small smile before leaving the car.

The car was now silent and Dean shifts his eyes to the rearview. He contemplated on saying something--anything. But he knew that anything he said would just be ignored. Was it worth a shot? For a normal person, they would most definitely just keep their mouth shut. But Dean was far from normal.

"You know, I'm sorry, right?"

Athena lets out a breath, "So you've said..." She presses her knuckles into the side of her face. "You stabbed me."

Dean purses his lips and nods his head. "I did."

Athena keeps her eye glued to the still leaves on the tree. "I was ready to die, y'know?"