𝟎𝟒𝟖

Born Under A Bad Sign.

chapter forty-eight, Born Under A Bad Sign

━━━━━━━━━━

"Athena?"

"Jo!"

"What the hell are you doing here?"

Athena runs over to the girl and cuts her out of her restraints. "I was with Meg, but she locked me in the car—"

"Who the hell is Meg?"

"Oh, the demon. You do know that Sam's possessed, right?" Athena asks.

Jo nods, "Yeah, Dean came in and splashed holy water on him."

"Dean's here?" Athena chuckles. "Of course he figured it out. Where'd they go?"

"Out to the docks." Jo answers.

The ropes drop off of Jo and she sighs. "You said the demon took you, are you okay?"

Athena raises her brows, "Yeah, I'm good. She didn't hurt me—"

A gunshot rings off in the distance, causing both huntresses to turn towards the docks. Athena's breathing quickens. "Oh my god—oh my god..." a small whimper leaves her lips. Athena breaks off into a sprint. Jo's eyes widen, "No, Athena—don't!"

Athena shoves the door open and runs out to the docks.

"Athena wait!—"

"No!" Athena snaps back. She turns to Jo, "Do you have a flashlight?"

Jo slumps her shoulders. She pulls the flashlight out of her pocket and turns it on. The blonde knew Athena wasn't gonna stop until her brothers were safe. So, she may as well look after her too. Athena grabs the flashlight and continues down the dock. Jo sighs, "Yeah, totally take my flashlight. I don't mind." She then follows after the girl. Athena wipes at her good eye, the panic tears not stopping. "Come on, where are you?" She digs in her pocket and grabs her phone. Athena flips her phone open and calls her eldest brother.

Just when Athena thought, she wouldn't find any sign that Sam or Dean were okay, she heard Dean's ringtone. Athena stops in her tracks and looks around the boating docks.

"Athena, there!" Jo runs down the steps and approaches the water. Athena follows after Jo and she sees a body washed up on the ramp.