𝟎𝟑𝟑

Dead Man's Blood.

*Slight Content Warning*

John explained to the kids what the Colt really was and why he was determined to find it. Athena grabs her bag and round the Impala. She gets to the trunk with her brothers. She holds her hand out and Dean looks at her.

"Oh." He slaps his palm against hers.

"Yuck!" Athena wipes her hand against her jeans. "I didn't want a high-five. I wanted a machete."

"Oh...yeah--no."

Athena's expression drops. "Why no?"

"Because you're not ready." Dean states.

"Then let this be practice," Athena says.

"This isn't the case for that," John speaks. "We need this done smoothly and you've got butter feet."

"It's butter fingers." Athena corrects.

"Well, you have butter that too." John brushes Athena off. "Get back in the car."

"Are you serious?"

"Deadly." John opens the trunk of his truck.

Athena rolls her eyes and looks at her brothers.

"Athy, go back in the car," Dean says, his voice soft.

"Unbelievable--"

"We will be back as soon as we can, okay?" Sam crouches in front of her. "Right now, we need you safe. You are the only one who can save us if we get caught."

Athena hums softly, "That is true." she kicks a pebble across the dirt.

Dean's chest tightens with envy, but he clenches his jaw and looks back into the trunk of the Impala. It was so easy for Athena and Sam to talk to each other. Dean wishes it was like that for him and Athena. The youngest Winchester wraps her arms around Sam's neck. "Be safe."

Athena lets out a huff and waps her arms around Dean's middle. Dean slightly turns his head, his brows pulled together. "You're...hugging me."

"Yeah." Athena shrugs a shoulder. "Just because I'm disappointed in you, doesn't mean I don't want you to be safe."

Dean presses his lips together, he touches the back of her head. "Sorry, kiddo."

"Yeah, me too." Athena pulls away from the hug and gets back into the car.

Dean keeps his eyes on the trunk, guilt rising in him. He looks to the side and sees Sam staring at him. "What?"

"Dick." Sam scoffs, he closes the trunk and walks away from the car.