CHAPTER 69

"Then maybe it would be best for the two of you to leave the estate."

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

rats laugh while getting tickled but its too high pitched for the human ear 

____________________________________________

Y/n POV

After my brief chat with Zeno in the library I had decided I've found enough information for the day and returned to the bedroom.  Besides, if Illumi knew I was up and wandering the house right now he'd probably scold me.

Speaking of Illumi, I wonder what he's doing right now.

I haven't seen Illumi all day, and despite him being a total ass I kinda miss him.  Not that I'd ever tell him that to his face.

Opening the door, I saw D/n laying down face first on my side of the bed.  

"Uhh, D/n?"

Upon hearing my voice she shot up from the bed and bolted towards me, attaching herself to my side.  Tears were streaming down her face and snot bubbled from her nose as she sobbed.

"WAAAHHH MOMMY I THOUGHT SOMEONE TOOK YOU AWAY!!"

She gripped my shirt in her balled fists, rubbing her face into it.

D/n I love you but this is fucking gross.

I reassured her I was okay and carried her into the bathroom.  I sat her on the counter of the sink and grabbed some tissues to wipe her face with.  Eventually, her violent sobs settled into quiet sniffles.

"Can I stay here with you tonight?" she hiccuped. 

"Of course you can, hun.  Just no more crying okay?"

She nodded her head before reaching her arms out, wanting to be held.  I picked her up and brought her back into the bedroom, placing her down and heading towards the closet. 

I need to change this snot covered shirt...

3rd Person POV

Illumi stood in front of his fathers quarters, knocking firmly on the door.

"Enter." 

He pushed his way into the room, standing directly in front of the white haired man.

"What brings you here Illumi?"

"Your wife tried to kill Y/n."

"Oh?" Silva said, raising a brow and tilting his head slightly.  "And what makes you say that?"

"Kalluto told me.  And she even admitted it herself." 

"And what do you propose I do about it?"

Illumi stood silent for a moment.  He really hadn't thought this far, mostly acting on his ill-expressed rage.  

Blinking slowly, he came up with a response.  "I locked her up.  We are prohibited from killing within the family, surely mother's attempt is punishable, is it not?"

"Technically Y/n isn't part of the family, you have not wed her Illumi."

"Okay then mother made an attempt on the life of my offspring, Y/n is still pregnant." 

Both men stared at each other in silence.  Illumi posed a valid point, but at the same time there wasn't much Silva was willing to do.  It's not like he would divorce or kill Kikyo.

"In due time, Y/n will be one of us.  I will marry her when its sensible to do so."

"Then maybe it would be best for the two of you to leave the estate."

Illumi narrowed his eyes as his father continued.

"I'm not suggesting you move off the property, but out of the main house.  We own an entire mountain after all, it would be the easiest way to maintain your work and avoid any further conflict."

"Alright then."  And with that, Illumi turned and exited the room, heading off to find the woman he claims as his future wife.

____________________________________________

heheh. 69.

Illumi is so cute i will crawl into his skin then eat him