CHAPTER 22

"Good because it's not a threat, it's a promise."
⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

______________________________________________

Y/n POV

"Um, no. I said I was staying here remember?"

Illumi furrowed his eyebrows, clearly not understanding why I'm crossed with him at the moment.

"I'm not some object, I don't belong to you nor anyone. I sure as hell am not going to sit here all pretty and let you play with me like a doll."

"Ah," he started, "but you are my significant other. That's pretty much the same thing is it not?"

I only blinked at him.

Is he serious....

"No, it's not. Plus I stopped being your 'significant other' the moment I left this place," I said, making air quotes with my fingers.

"That's odd," Illumi said, putting his finger under his chin.  "That's how my mother and father do things..."

She is the bane of my existence but that poor woman.

"Fine, if you won't dedicate yourself to me I'll just force you too."

"Chile, I'll knock your Pantene model looking ass into orbit.  Just try me discount Nicki Minaj," I replied, straight faced.

"What does that even mean... Whatever, we'll settle this in the morning, but I will not be taking that threat lightly."

"Good because it's not a threat, it's a promise."

Illumi then left the room without another word as I glared daggers into his back. 

Ugh the audacity of this man...

{timeskip}

I woke up to my arm being lightly shaken. I fluttered my eyes opened to meet the wide eyed gaze of my daughter.

"Good morning momma!! It's breakfast time!"

I yawned before standing up out of the chair I had fallen asleep in, cracking my back. "Of course sweets, but things work a little different around here. Let's go see your father."

Before I could even take a step towards the door, said man walked into the room.

"Ah, so you're both awake. Quick, let's go eat breakfast. We have a long day ahead of us."

Without hesitation, D/n bolted down the hall towards the dining room.

"What do you mean we have a long day ahead of us..." I asked, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Well I thought we could all go out together, as that seems to be what most families do."

Suspicious...

"Mmm okay..." I said, still eyeing him before walking out of the room in pursuit of D/n.

Let's just see how this little "family outing" goes.

______________________________________________

family moment? yessir