CHAPTER 44

"I'm so sorry Y/n!"
⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

______________________________________________

Third Person POV

Despite his brother's warning, Kalluto continued to get closer with Y/n.  The longer this went on, the more Kalluto felt as if this were for his own personal pleasure rather than doing his mother's bidding.

The boy had even confided in Y/n for comfort.  He would tell her how he felt inferior to his siblings and joined the phantom troupe to feel like he had a purpose.  This being the topic of their current conversation.

"I can assure you, you're just as great as your siblings," Y/n states.  "If I'm being honest, I like you a lot more than Milluki," she winks.

The woman made Kalluto feel safe, loved even, like she truly were his big sister. 

"Really?"

"Of course!  You're like my best friend," Y/n smiles.

Kalluto couldn't take it anymore.  His eyes welled up with tears as he became emotional, pulling Y/n into an embrace with his face buried in her chest/stomach (depending on how tall you are)

"Huh!?  Kalluto what's wrong!?" the woman questions, startled. 

Kalluto sobs, "I'm so sorry Y/n!"

Y/n spoke as she wrapped her arms around him, returning the embrace.  "What is there to be sorry for?"

Kalluto sniffled a few times before explaining everything.

"Mother told me to get information out of you so she can kick you out, but I can't do it anymore!!  You're so nice to me!"

Y/n sighed, petting the young boy's head.  "I figured she'd try something sooner or later.  It's alright Kalluto, it's not your fault."

"You don't hate me?" He asks, tears staining his cheeks.

"Of course not.  It's your mother I have a problem with..."

{mini timeskip}

"USELESS!! ABSOLUTELY AND UTTERLY USELESS YOU ARE!"  Kikyo yelled.  After Kalluto told her what he'd done, she began to give him a rather harsh scolding.

"I can't believe you would be so incompetent!  Everything has been ruined, you're such a failure!"

Kalluto only took her words with his head bowed.  The insults stung, but he had expected it when he came to report to her.

"I must teach you a lesson you little brat!"

Kikyo raised her hand to slap her youngest, before getting stopped.  She turned her visor covered gaze towards the culprit.

"I think not robo bitch.  Besides, your problem is with me, correct?" 

"Why you..." Kikyo said with a scowl.

Kalluto backed away while watching the scene unfold before him.

"Just wait till Illumi hears about this.  His little street rat placing her hands on his poor, darling mother."

"Hah!  Darling my ass," Y/ns grip tightened.  "I'm not afraid to fight an old hag.  Especially abusive ones."

Kikyo let out a dramatic gasp.  "How vulgar!  Imagine how Illumi will react to this!  He'll surely throw you out, and when he does I'll raise your daughter better than y-"

"What's going on here."

______________________________________________
Another kinda short chapter ^^; sorry bout that