CHAPTER 65

"Maybe you truly were gifted a miracle."

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

a blue whale's tongue weighs as much as an adult elephant

 ____________________________________________

Illumi POV

"Wh-what are you talking about Master Illumi?" the head chef trembled out, lip quivering with tears threatening to spill from his eyes.  My bloodlust grew stronger with every passing second. 

"What did you put in Y/n's damn food?"

Every word spoken was laced with venom like the stinger of an angry scorpion.

I'd be damned if I let whoever attempted to kill not only Y/n but our baby go.

"Only 20 milligrams of potassium cyanide like e-everyone else's!  I didn't do anything I swear!" (a lethal dosage of cyanide is 250 mg for reference)

My glare only hardened at the man, still skeptical of him.  

"If it wasn't you," I started before turning to look at everyone else in the room "which one of you was it?"

Y/n POV

{back to present}

I looked down at myself once Dr. Doktor left the room, eyes settling on my stomach.  I was already in my second trimester of pregnancy when this whole thing went down.

I wonder if the little one is okay, I suppose I should've asked while the doctor was still here.

I placed my hand on the bump, rubbing it in circles lightly before a relieving sensation washed over me.  All my previous pain was gone and I felt abnormally calm at the moment.

Huh??? I have no clue what the hell is even going on anymore...

With the aching in my muscles gone, I got up and made my way towards the bathroom.  I stood in front of the mirror, taking a good look at my weakened state.  My eyes widened at what I saw, not recognizing myself at all.  I had terrible eyebags and my entire face seemed to droop, almost lifelessly.  I ran a hand through my hair noticing the small bald patches as even more strands fell out.

I'M GOING TO KILL KIKYO WTF DID SHE DO TO ME

I felt as if I were about to cry, anger evident in my expression as I took myself in.  Suddenly, a small, green light shone through the material of my shirt.  My hands trembled slightly, reaching for the hem and lifting the piece of clothing to reveal a weird symbol on my stomach.  it looked sort of like the letter B.  The green light gradually grew brighter, causing me to lower my shirt and shield my eyes.  When the light stopped, I looked back towards my reflection to see the missing hair grow back in and my face being restored to how it was before.  I blinked a couple times, quickly lifting my shirt again only to see the symbol was completely gone.

What just happened??  Was it the effects of that medicince?  Or was Dr. Doktor a nen user?

With questions swarming my brain, I made my way back to the bed and decided to lay down once more.  

Maybe a nap would do me some good...

With that final thought I found myself slipping into slumber.

____

Black.

Everything surrounding me was pitch black.  I could feel myself floating in a sea of nothing.

There was no light.

There was no air.

There wasn't even a need to breathe.

Just complete and utter darkness.

After a while I began to feel myself start to sink deeper into the void, an unusual green light appearing above me.  As I drifted further and further away, I felt the need to go after it.

Like the light was silently beckoning me closer.

I tried scrambling my way towards the light, feeling as if I were swimming but with no water resistance keeping me down.  When I got close enough, I realized the green light was some sort of orb, the only thing illuminating my face in this endless sea of emptiness.  Slowly I reached my hand towards it, only to be absorbed and seemingly pulled into another endless sea, only this time

it wasn't nothing.

Instead of a dark void, I was now floating in what felt like water, looking up to see the surface.  Beyond it was the same green light I encountered.  Swimming my way to the surface, I tried pushing myself out of the water, only to find out the surface was almost like some kind of rubber covering.  The more I pushed, the surface only stretched with my hands.

Despite being trapped, I felt surprisingly calm.  Everything around me was tranquil, and it was as if there wasn't a worry in the world.

Then I heard something.

It was a voice.

I couldn't tell who it belonged to or what it was saying.

It's sound was lost underwater.

Suddenly, a small silhouette partially blocked out the light, as if it were sitting or leaning over me. A small hand reached down towards me, effortlessly gliding through the surface of the water. It was glowing a luminous green just like everything else around me had.  Before it could reach me, everything went black once more as I heard the voice more clearly.

"Berkana"

____

I shot up in the bed, looking around the room seeing that nothing had changed.  I was under the same old grey covers, greeted by the same old plain walls.  Realizing everything was just a dream, I held my hands to my face as I shuffled through my own thoughts.

Berkana?  What does that even mean, why don't I know what anything means!?

Huffing, I lowered my hands from my face, deciding to worry about it later.  Hearing a knock on the bedroom door, I turned to face it before permitting the person entry.

Dr. Doktor stepped in with a smile on his face, soon shifting to a slightly shocked and confused expression after laying eyes on me.

"Wow, you look a lot better!  How'd you do that in a few hours?"

Honestly, I couldn't tell him even if I wanted to.  If he didn't know how I miraculously got better, then he couldn't have been the one to do it.

"I was just granted a miracle I guess."

He checked me once again like he said he would, prompting me to finally ask what's been on my mind since he was last here.

"Dr. Doktor, I forgot to ask earlier but is my baby alright?"

"From what I've seen, you're baby somehow managed to stay perfectly healthy," he said, turning towards me.

"Maybe you truly were gifted a miracle."

____________________________________________

WHATTTT GIFS ARE GREEN NOW?? AND TRIPLE UPDATE? ANDDD THIS ONE WAS OVER 1K WORDS?? WHAT IS HAPPENING (;° ロ°)