CHAPTER 67

"Could I really have been visited by a god in my sleep or something?"

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

prarie dogs kiss in order to determine friend or foe; sometimes resulting in fights between the two

____________________________________________

3rd Person POV

Illumi turned towards his youngest brother, aura as deadly as ever while he asked the question.

"Who was it Kalluto?"

The addressed boy was shaking like a leaf at this point, fearing the possible outcomes if he were to lie or to tell the truth.  Despite not wanting to disappoint his mother further than he had the first time, Kalluto decided it would be a better fate than to suffer one at the hands of his oldest brother.

"I-it was mother, I saw her" He admitted.

The glare Illumi had been wearing faded into his normal blank expression, though his aura never subsided.

"Its not good to lie, Kalluto."

The flatness in the man's tone was eerily more terrifying than if he were ever to yell at someone.  Everything about his presence at the moment screamed 'danger'.

Kalluto's eyes widened as he stumbled over his words, trying to defend himself. 

"I'm not lying I promise!  I saw her sneaking around the kitchen, I saw the look on her face at dinner it was her!  She's tried to get rid of Y/n before, what makes you think she wouldn't do it again?  What would I have to gain by lying!?"

After Kalluto's outburst the room fell silent.  In these moments, his face began to heat up in slight embarrassment. 

That was the first time I've raised my voice at anyone...

Without another word, Illumi made his way out of the kitchen and down the hallway in search of his mother. 

Y/n POV

I need to find out what that dream meant.

I stared off into nothing as I racked my brain for answers.  What the hell is berkana?  And why the hell was everything green!?  Looking over to the bedside table I saw my phone resting on top of it. 

Maybe the internet can help?

Without wasting another second, I reached over and grabbed the device.  Looking up the word, I scrolled and read up on any information I could find.

"Berkana/Berkano

'Birch or Birch Goddess'

The rune is a symbol of fertility, regeneration, growth and completion.  The symbol is associated with the Norse goddess Frigg, and is said to represent the cycle of birth, death, and rebirth."

I raised an eyebrow at my screen, wondering why I would dream of something like that.

Maybe it wasn't just a dream...

With my newly returned strength, I got out of bed and stormed out of the bedroom.  Maybe the family's library will have something with better information than online.  The Zoldyck Estate's library was much larger than one I had ever seen before.  The room was dimly lit by the chandelier hanging from the high ceiling and the few windows high up the walls.  A plethora of books were sat upon shelves stretched around the room and along the walls.  Walking along the shelves and scanning over the titles of books, I couldn't even begin to guess how they were organized. 

With all these damn books and the money they have you'd think the Zoldycks would hire a librarian...

After about an hour of searching I began to get extremely frustrated. 

I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING IN THIS STUPID LIBRARY!!"

Huffing, I kicked the nearest shelf before sitting on the floor and sulking in my failure.  The vibrations from my kick sent a book from the top of the shelf falling down, landing directly on the top of my head.

"Ouch!  You son of a-"

Ready to unleash my wrath, I turned around and glared at the book with my fist raised only to stop upon reading the title of the book.

'Nordic Myths and Tales: A Guide to the Gods, Heroes, and Legends'  (not a real book btw i made it up)

Rubbing the spot on my head where it had fell, I picked up the book and looked at it closer.  Maybe it would have something useful.  Getting up and moving to sit on one of the lounge chairs in the middle of the room, I began flipping through the book before stopping on a section titled 'Frigg'.

"the wife of Odin and mother of Balder. She was a promoter of marriage and of fertility. In Icelandic stories, she tried to save her son's life but failed. Some myths depict her as the weeping and loving mother, while others stress her loose morals."

Staring at the page I began to think.  Could I really have been visited by a god in my sleep or something?

"I didn't expect to find you in here."

____________________________________________

idk if any1 cares but amma keep giving mini life updates anyways -A- i got my nose pierced a few days ago!! x3