In the name of Love ( U2)

The last two weeks had been  hectic. But good hectic. Keeping busy had helped keep my mind off of Willow. So good mentally but it took a physical toll on my body.

 Last Friday , I had woken up with a slight headache, probably due to burning the candle at both ends, and it had landed up as a pounding migraine. I had tried to joke with Jared that is felt like I had Michael banging on the inside of  my head for real.

By the time we wrapped for the day, I was seeing an aura around everything and up chucked my lunch. The car ride home was absolute torture.

Luckily Gen had some kick ass knock me out tablets- man you got to love woman's high pain thresholds and heavy duty painkillers. They don't monkey around with that shit.

I went to go and hibernate down in the Padelecki's storm cellar, as it was dark and sound proof and only emerged Saturday afternoon, when I could no longer ignore my stomach's screams of "Feed me!"

I felt dreadful having made plans with the old gang and then having to bail. I also felt terrible cause I had actually wanted to see Willow. You know to make sure she was okay.

Okay who am I trying to kid? I wanted to see her, cause I was hoping she would change her mind.

Jared said she had looked good, just a little tired, but that it was to be expected, since she was pregnant and working two jobs.

I had asked Gino, who had said he was tired of our shit and not getting involved, to organise an uber to and from The Brewery in Friday nights. Luckily he  had understood my reasoning of wanting to make sure she got home okay, as Fridays ended late and she had worked late most evenings.

Keeping it a secret from Willow was never going to work, as I got a message from her later that evening, wishing me a speeding recovery from my migraine and thanking me for the new employee perk.

I was currently on my way home from dropping the kids off at school, and then had plans to stop off at by Post Production and view the final edited programme with Jared and the studio
executives. Personally issues aside, it was a good week and a bit, and I was proud of what we had made. It might even be my best work as a director to date.

But before that, I was meeting up with Dee. Something Willow had said last Monday night, had been rattling around in my brain since I had heard her "bull dog" comment , I had wanted to ask Dee about it. I knew I would get nothing about of Willow. She was too stubborn for that.

What the fuck was it with me and falling in love with fiercely independent and stubborn woman?

Pulling into the drive way, I punched in the gate code and let myself in. I parked the car and then messaged Dee to know I was outside.

I had just settled in to play a game of Mahjong( I have Willow to thank for that new game obsession) when Dee knocked on my car window.

Grabbing my wallet and taking the keys out of the ignition I climbed out and greet Dee.

"Hey, why didn't you just come in?" Dee asked.

"Cause it's not my house."

"Well if you want to get technical, it's your name on the property, so it is your house." Dee laughed back.

"My name's on the my parents house as well, but I wouldn't dare walk in, without knocking."

"Jensen, you know this is different. You have a key. Come on, coffee machine should be ready."

"I have an emergency key though. Thanks, coffee sounds great."

Jensen followed Dee inside, to what was once his kitchen. He remembered the video that JJ had taken of him and Dee shooting elastics at each other. The one Dee took of him and JJ performing the disappearing JJ trick for the twins. There was a lot of memories in this place. Unfortunately a lot of sad ones too. It was where Dee and he had first spoken about separating and doing a trail run. Where they had discussed co-parenting and where he showed her the website to the house he was going to move into.