It's raining men!

Jensen POV

Jensen made his way through the packed parking area. The last time the lot was this packed, was during the last Crawfish boil.

Winding his way around the cars, Jensen once again loved that he had a permanent  allocated parking spot, but cursed that it was behind the Brewery and so far from the door.

His brother in law, well now ex brother in law, Gino, had called him up earlier that day to invite him to the new event the Brewery was hosting, 'Will sing for beer karaoke'. Gino had phoned again about an hour ago again, asking him where the hell he was.

Pushing the door open, Jensen was greeted with the high pitch and very off key version of Miley Cyrus's Flowers. He had like that song before, but after hearing that cacophony of cat shrieking, he was never going to be able to hear it again without a cold shiver running down his spine.

Making his way over to the bar, he, eventually spotted Gino and went to greet.

'Howzit man.' Jensen said greeting Gino with a handshake. 

" All good brother. What the hell took you so long?" Gino replied.

"I was reading the kids a bedtime story. Since its my first weekend home in a month, they were too excited to go sleep. Had to read the twins like five chapters."

"Ah still reading Harry Potter?"

"Nah, that's JJ. She's on the third book already. Couldn't wait for me to read together."     

"Damn wish I was that lucky. Having to start the series all over again with the youngest."

"Hey I've got to do it again but twice. Arrow will devour the book and Zep is going to go slow. Enough about that. Why the great haste to get me down hear? What misery likes company?"

"Ha ha" Gino replied sarcastically." No I knew you were home and wanted you to see the new booking. This is the third Karaoke we've held and look how packed we are?"

" Yeah , I saw the lot was full. So its a good turnout then?" Jensen asked.

" Double the turnover than quiz night."

" That's fantastic. Still doesn't explain the need for me ,what was your words again? " To get my ass down here on the double."" Jensen said making air finger quotes.

" Wanted you to see the host. And see the show. I am thinking of booking them as permanent spot, but wanted another opinion."

" You know we trust you with all the dealings regarding the Brewery. Why do you need my opinion?" If they are drawing in the crowd and doing double turnover,  then why do you need my opinion? Seems to be a given to go ahead then."

" Just sit, have a few and watch okay? 

" Fine, pour me a pint then. But I am just warning you , I am not singing!"'

" Yeah Yeah! Here is your beer." Gino said while handing over a freshly poured pint . "Maybe while you are at it, you can take the stick out of ass and just chill for a bit? And don't give me that look. I know you, remember."

" No promises." Jensen jokingly replied.  

Jensen continued to sip on his beer, watching and laughing at the new charity case up front on stage.

" Lets give a round of applause to Lucy! So we are going to take a ten minute break. Just enough time for  y'all to get another round, maybe some Dutch Courage , I think we should call it Texan courage, since we are in Texas and we drinking beer. So go get yourself some Texan courage, choose a song and fill out the list. Remember , to quote Schindler's List... "The list is life." Cause you know what's going to happen, if no one writes on the list. 1) I am going to be forced to sing, and 2) I am going to rope  you in anyway to sing." The karaoke host announced, laughing with the crowd. " Right ten minutes starting now."