ᴇɴᴇᴍɪᴇꜱ

"Ugh, god I fucking hate him! Why did you even invite him?!"

You exclaimed at your best friend Shanice. It was Shanice's twenty fifth birthday party tonight. Shanice's boyfriend Keith was best friends with your biggest enemy;

Angus fucking Cloud.

Who names their kid Angus Cloud anyways?

You and Angus have hated each other since the fifth grade. He always used to bully you and your friends. Angus was the one guy in the grade who thought he was better than everyone.

All because he was dressed better, his parents had more money than everyone else's, and he had more friends than everyone else. Angus was always just a bully.

During the years of high school, he continued to bully you some more. But since you all were older, you began to think that it was because he liked you.

That's what they always said. If a guy is mean to you, that mean he likes you...

But then he started to fuck around with all of the whores in school. And that? You were not trying to contract anything you didn't need.

In adulthood, you guys didn't really come across each other as often. When you see each other around town, you just hurry and look the other way.

God, he was the absolute fucking worst..

"Angus isn't so bad like he used to be, Y/N. I'm around him all the time because of Keith."

"I don't even want to give him the time of the day, anyways. I'm in a whole relationship with Dominic. Fuck Angus the fuckboy."

Dominic has been your boyfriend for the last year and a half. He's the one who showed you how real love is supposed to be. He's never mean to you, he always does his best to keep you happy. You loved the shit out of that man.

"No one said you have to fuck Angus. I wasn't asking you to do that. I'm just asking you to at least tolerate him for a few hours. It's just for my party. I don't think it's too much to ask, Y/N."

"I promise you I'll behave, Shanice. Just for you. I swear."

"Good. We should finish getting ready before people start to show up."
-
-
-
-
In about two more hours or so, people started to show up at Shanice's place. Keith was of course first besides you. And from there, the crowd just kept growing and growing.

"Hello there, my pretty lady. What are you doing just sitting here cooped up in the corner like this?"

Dominic came walking up to you as you were sitting down in an isolated corner. The bigger the crowd, the more your anxiety grew. It made you happy that he came to check up on you.

"You know how my anxiety starts to act up when there's huge crowds like this. You look nice though, babe."

"So do you, love. I gotta use the bathroom real quick. So when I get back, we're gonna go crash this party. Deal?"

"Deal. Now go before you pee on yourself."

You chuckled, responding to Dominic. He then made his way upstairs to go find the bathroom. As you sat back down in your spot, you spotted the devil himself headed your way.

Fucking Angus.

"Uh, hey, Y/N.. haven't seen you in a while.."

"Well, no fucking shit. I was enjoying not seeing your stupid face."

"Damn. I haven't seen you in so long, and you already coming at me sideways? I was just about to tell you that you look good as hell."

"I don't need you telling me shit. That's what I have a man for, asshole."

"I just wanna know why you're being so hostile. All I was trying to do was compliment you."

Angus smirked at you, slowly taking a seat next to you. You had to admit, he smelled extremely good. It smelt like he was wearing Versace cologne.

"Exactly why are you trying to compliment me anyways? I thought you couldn't stand me? Because I sure can't stand you."

"You don't believe that people change? It's been years, Y/N. I've grown since the old times?"

"Yeah, I would hope so. None of that changes what already happened."

"I know that doesn't, Y/N. But at least give me the chance to prove to you that I've changed —"

"Is everything okay here? Is he bothering you?"

Dominic suddenly had came back to where you were. You rolled your eyes and shook your head, looking away from Angus and back up at Dominic.

"I'm okay, baby. I wasn't even paying him no mind. Ready to dance?"

"For sure. Let's go."

Dominic looked straight past Angus and grabbed your hand. You felt Angus' eyes on you the entire time, but you paid him absolutely no attention.

He may have tried to apologize, but you two would always remain enemies. At least in your book...