chapter 6: wrong move

Start from the beginning

Daniel shook his head. "I would never miss a chance to work with someone like you, Miss Alice."

His flirty behavior didn't really affect me, but the serious man sitting next to me had been quiet and reserved during our entire discussion about the terms and conditions with Mr. Wang.

A waiter came over to take our orders. Since it was lunchtime, it seemed like a good idea to enjoy a nice meal. After talking to Mr. Wang, the waiter looked at me.

"What would you like to order, sir?" he asked.

"I'll have the pasta and Spinach Salad, please, without any spice," Mr. Wang said.

"I'll go for the grilled mackerel and stir-fried glass noodles, please," I ordered, then I discreetly tapped Taehyung's hand under the table, telling him to choose his food.

Finally, Taehyung looked at the waiter. He surprised me by giving the waiter a big smile, which was a bit strange.

"I'll have the beef galbi and Spaghetti, please."

"Sure thing, and what drink would you like, sir?"

"Semillon wine, please." The waiter left after noting the request.

Taehyung then looked at me with determination in his eyes before turning to Daniel.

"Who even likes salad? It's like food for animals," he said boldly, almost making me choke on my drink. Daniel seemed surprised by this unexpected comment.

"Taehyung," I interrupted, my tone serious.

He just shrugged casually, looking a bit pouty, as if he had just accomplished something big.

"Seriously, I think a long time ago, in the old days, someone who hadn't eaten for days must have eaten grass and called it Spinach. Now people are too silly to see the truth."

I rolled my eyes, but I couldn't help but smile. His strange talk was oddly charming.

"Mr. Daniel, please don't take his words too seriously. He's a bit different." I told Daniel, who looked at me with a puzzled expression. Then, unexpectedly, Taehyung stood up from his chair, surprising me.

He looked into my eyes for a moment, and in that quick look, I could sense something intriguing.

"I need to use the restroom," he said and left quickly. I frowned, feeling like he had some secret motive.

When I turned back to Daniel, he was looking at me with a flirty smile. Oh dear, it seemed like I was now on my own to deal with his company.

Taehyung pov :

That mean guy has been flirting a lot. I moved back to my seat next to Alice. She didn't seem bothered by his flirting, as if it didn't affect her at all. But let me tell you, it actually made me more nervous.

Finally, our food arrived. I kept watching that guy. He took a bite, and suddenly, his face turned really pale after he swallowed the first bite.

"Oh my, this is super spicy," he said, grabbing the glass of water and drinking it like he was really thirsty in a desert. Alice quickly reacted to his complaint.

"Mr. Wang, are you okay?" She looked worried, and I gripped my fork tightly. I'm not usually a violent person, but at that moment, I imagined poking him with that fork.

"I don't think it's as spicy as he's saying. Our staff wouldn't have messed up your order, Mr. Wang. They're really good at what they do," I said with a smirk. This was our place, and the staff here was always excellent. I tried not to laugh.

"No, seriously, they must have made a mistake. This feels like a volcano in my mouth," Daniel said between sips of water and trying to save his taste buds with a napkin. Meanwhile, Alice was looking at me with a knowing look in her eyes.