11. false confidence

୨ৎ ꒰ false confidence ꒱ ୨ৎ

.୨ৎ ꒰ false confidence ꒱ ୨ৎ.

they were playing against belly and conrad, who had to sub jeremiah cause he was terrible at beach volley. he was watching the game, now cheering for her sister, clearly disappointed in himself.

conrad spiked and willow threw herself in the warm sand, caught the ball, sent it back to the other court, and it perfectly landed between conrad and belly.

"and willow fisher scores the match point!" the referee shouted, while everybody cheered willow and steven. 

she was surprised when he approached and hugged her, making her spin, she closed her eyes and let herself just enjoy the moment, the freedom, and the happiness.

"the winner of the fundraising tournament is...the wildcats!" susannah announced in the mic.

"seriously, our team's name is wildcats?"

"shut up, conklin" she laughed. jereamiah, dramatically getting on one knee, handed her the trophy and willow raised it, with a giant smile on her lips.

they high-fived conrad and belly and got out of the court.

"can't wait to put it on my trophies' shelf!" willow said while they were walking to the benches.

"wait, i'm supposed to keep it i literally saved you!" steven complained and willow rolled her eyes.

"you scored only two times, i could've handled it great even without you!" she joked.

"um...congratulations" willow turned and made eye contact with harry. he looked kind of sorry, but honestly, willow didn't even care anymore, she preferred a hundred percent playing with steven. between them, there was chemistry, which definitely helped them on the court.

"harry, where have you been?" 

"i'm so sorry, really sorry. i got some troubles at work and couldn't leave."

"at least you could have called..." steven mumble, clearly pissed off, his arms crossed.

"steven, i got this, thank you." her tone suggested the other kids to leave, and they understood.

he approached her and he laid his hand on her hips, smirking. "i was wondering if bringing the most beautiful princess for a boat ride would make her forgive the prince..."

"oh, of course, prince harry" she smiled. he tilted his head and kissed her on the lips.

"i'll pick you up in an hour, princess willow"

belly and jeremiah were waiting to get their slushies, on the other side of the beach volley court. conrad and steven were discreetly watching willow and harry; well, actually, they were picking them.

"connie, don't you think something looks off?" steven asked, talking about the couple on the other side. willow seemed too surprised when harry kissed her. it wasn't the first time.

"um, no. should i?" steven shrugged, and then he realized: she didn't know they kissed at the party, she didn't remember it.

⭑○◦

"belly, blue one or yellow one?" willow showed the girl two bikinis.

"yellow one!" belly responded, pointing it with a spoon full of ice cream.

"were are you going, willy?" jeremiah asked, ruffling her hair, entering the kitchen with the other guys.

"on a date with harry"

"uuuh, he must be blind" conrad joked and willow spare an annoyed glance at him.

"and you ask yourself why you don't have a girlfriend, uh?" she walked away, steven's eyes following her.

he felt something in his chest, an uncomfortable sensation, knowing she was making herself pretty for another guy. someone who wasn't him. 

come on, steven, she's not your girlfriend. he repeated himself.

⭑○◦

"you look beautiful" harry said. willow was sitting on his lap and they had been kissing for a while on a deck chair on the bow of the boat, which was actually bigger than willow expected. she felt like a millionaire's wife and she thought maybe that kind of life wasn't that bad after all.

harry took her to a beautiful bay outside cousins, near the only street that lead to the city. it wasn't really known, there wasn't anyone and willow had never been there.

"we should dive into the water, it looks so warm" he whispered, drawing little circles on her hips, making her shiver. "grab your towel, we're going to watch the stars on the dock" willow could think of a better way to end the day.

she took off her sundress on the dock and got in the water with harry. it was difficult to not look at his toned body, especially when the water was making him look like he was shining. 

"you can't stop looking, uh? he swam over willow as she blushed. he put his arms around her waist and made her cross her legs behind his back. his hand followed the line of her side and squeezed her tit. for some reason, it made her uncomfortable, also because she couldn't cover herself in any way.

"i can't stop looking at you too, little monster" her cute nickname coming out of his mouth sounded terrible. now his voice was weird, not sensual anymore. "i'd like to see more, though..."

the hand that was around her tight touched the bottom piece of her yellow bikini, lowering it a little.

"harry..." she whispered. "i don't want to"

"c'mon willow, it would make me so happy" his hand squeezed her butt, while she was trying to push him away pushing with her hand on his shoulder.

"no, please!" she complained. her tone wasn't confident anymore, she was scared. she was praying that someone could hear her.

he latched her wrist and squeezed it. "you won't go anywhere, princess" he growled.

"please, harry, you're hurting me!" she yelled. with her free hand, she slapped him.

"what...?" he whispered. they made eye contact. he left her wrist to touch his cheek and since he was confused and surprised, she was finally able to get away from him.

they stayed in silence for what seemed an eternity. willow didn't know what to do. she swam towards the dock and sat on it, wiggling her legs in the water. silent tears were rolling down her cheeks.

"i'm sorry... i don't know what it was" he mumbled, not looking really sorry. "i'm gonna get something to put on, hold on" he got back on the boat, and a couple of minutes after, the engine started.

"you're such a slut, willow wisher!" he shouted throwing her beach bag on the dock.

"wait, are you leaving me here? harry, stop!" she screamed while the boat was pulling away.

"have fun!" he laughed, flipping her off. 

"bastard!" she blurted. she reached for her phone. no signal. the street was empty, very few cars walked that road at that time, it was getting dark. "fine, i'm fucked up."

.