12. go home

୨ৎ ꒰ go home ꒱ ୨ৎ

.୨ৎ ꒰ go home ꒱ ୨ৎ.

the lights of a car flashed her. she brought a hand to her face to protect her eyes from the light, her heart beating wildly. she had been sitting on the dock, lit by the street lights, for a while.

while crying, willow decided that she would have walked home the next morning and stayed there all night, hoping to not be kidnapped.

she sighed with relief when she saw who got out of the car.

"willow? are you okay?" cam cameron rushed towards her, getting on his knees to check if she was hurt.

"can you call steven?" she whispered.

"steven? steven conklin?" cam repeated. "don't you want to call your mom...or your brothers?" he asked.

"no, no, i need steven." she said firmly. cam nodded and got up, walking toward the car to get his phone. while he was talking to steven on the phone, willow was still sitting on the edge of the wooden dock, trying to remain calm.

steven was driving to get her. steven was on the the way to help her.
steven was coming to make her feel home.

"steven is on the way" cam sat next to her.

"thank you, cam cameron. i really appreciate it"

"are you hurt or...something? you don't have to tell me what happened if you don't want to"

"i'm okay, thank you." she exhale loudly. "how are things between you and belly?" she needed to change the topic of the conversation.

"not really good. well, i can't blame her for liking a guy who's better than me, but gosh, two guys better than me at the same time? that hurts, you know?"

"my brothers aren't better than you, cam, in any way. and belly..., shit, i haven't talked to her in ages" she realized. after the kiss at the party, belly refused to talk to her. "i'm sure she doesn't mean to hurt you though. she can be very self-absorbed sometimes."

"thank you, willow i hope you're right" he sighed.

"oh, i don't want you to stay here all night for me cam, really, i'm fine, you can go. i bet tomorrow you'll have to leave at dawn"

"are, are you sure? it's not a problem, i swear"

"i'm okay, steven is coming here" saying those words healed a little her heart. she was sure, he would never let her down.cam smiled and got in his car, waving at her while getting back on the street.

a couple of minutes later, steven's car lights flashed her. willow stood up as soon as he got out of the car.

"willow!" he called, and she rushed to him, throwing her arms around him without a doubt.

she started sobbing and soon as he held her, understanding that something about the date went wrong.

"little monster..." he whispered. her name, finally coming out of the mouth it belonged to.

"i'm so stupid" she mumbled against his chest. "he just wanted to... and i didn't steven, i didn't want to. and i slapped him and he apologized but..."

"hey, hey, you're not stupid" he lifted her chin up. "i'm here willow, you're fine now"

⭑○◦

"i was so scared steven, i almost freezed on the spot. i didn't know what to do" willow said, wiping away the tears from her cheeks. "god, know i don't have an escort to the ball anymore"

they were in the backseats of steven's car, still parked in front of the dock, willow's back resting on his chest, his arms wrapped around her. she could fell his heartbeat while playing with the sleeves of steven's hoodie. they had been talking for hours, and the sky was turning pink and orange, softly lighting their bodies.

"i want to be your escort, willow" steven responded. "from the very first moment."

"what about shayla?" she was afraid of asking that question.

"we broke up, a couple of nights ago." he admitted.

"it's my fault, right?" she asked, suddenly feeling guilty.

"well, i broke up with her. i lied to her because i can't afford the super elegant and expensive tux she wanted. and we just...didn't vibe anymore." willow's heart skipped a beat, and neither of them talked for a bit. the silence was filled by the early birds and the waves.

"can i tell you something, boo?"

"of course, little monster" his heart was beating faster, willow could feel it. she grabbed his hands and enlaced their fingers.

"i love you." she whispered. "and i think i've always done"

steven didn't say anything, so willow turned to watch him in the eyes. she was scared she ruined everything between them, 99% of the times when someone in a friendship confesses their feelings for the other, it doesn't end up well.

he touched her cheek with his fingertips, gently, noticing her eyes were watery. he was admiring her face and finally, he broke the suspense and leaned over to kiss her.

it was the sweetest kiss she had ever received, the first that gave her butterflies in the stomach. apparently, they were the 1%.

"i love you, little monster" he kissed the corner of her eyes, to wipe away the tears. "i don't understand how could he hurt the most beautiful creature i've ever seen. i don't even know why he invited you out, i told everyone to stay away from you" he proceeded to kiss every inch of her face, while she burst into a laugh.

"you told everybody to stay away from me? i thought my brothers did!" she said, her hand on his chest to stop him from kissing her.

"you don't realize? i wanted you to be mine from the very beginning, willow" he leaned over again to kiss her lips. "didn't want anyone to be with someone it's meant to be mine forever" he whispered on her lips.

"i wanted to kiss you first, not caroline wood, and i know conrad told you that"

"but why you started dating shayla, steven? i was there for you all this time"

"i needed to forget you, i thought maybe you would be happier with someone else"

"is it because i kissed paul last year?" steven slightly blushed. " paul was a dare, steven." she sighed, putting her hands around his cheeks. "it's you who i dream of kissing, of hugging, of being with me when we're ninety years."

they smiled at each other.

steven was surprised. he didn't think willow had the same strong feelings for him as he did. he didn't think he was that important in her life. he was so wrong.