6. good old days

୨ৎ ꒰ good old days  ꒱ ୨ৎ

.୨ৎ ꒰ good old days  ꒱ ୨ৎ.

belly and willow shared the best memories together, the ones that bring you a smile when you think about them. they shared toys, books, beds, friends. and their birthday. ever since they were born, they spent every birthday at the beach house. ever since they were born, they were destinated to be inseparable, like twins.

belly was always the first to wake up on their birthday. she would rush into willow's bedroom and wake her up by screaming happy birthday jumping on her bed. then, the two girls would get ready together appear in the kitchen and they would have all together a big breakfast.

that year wasn't different from the others.

"happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you" jere's voice was amplified by a karaoke microphone. "happy birthday sweet willyyyyy"

"happy birthday to you!" everybody shouted. willow, a little sleepy, blew the candle that belly put on a cupcake. 

"thank you so much guys, i love you so much" she hugged belly.

"now, everybody out, we need to get ready" belly pushed the guys towards the door. 

"our little sister is growing up so fast" jere acted like he was desperate, wiping away invisible tears.

"i remember when she would come to us because we were her big big brothers" conrad followed his brother, faking a loud cry. willow chuckled and got out of bed to close the door.

when they appeared in the kitchen, they were changed into cute clothes, their hair braided and they makeup perfectly done.

"happy sweet 16!" susannah entered the kitchen with a flower crown for both of them.

willow and belly, looked beautiful with the flowers on their head, they felt like fairies. the moms hugged both of them.

"someone's hungry?"

"i'm starving," willow said, stretching her neck to see if laurel made the traditional mickey mouse pancakes.

"i'm not really hungry" belly said.

"shall we open gifts? yes willy, you can still have breakfast"

"yes!" laurel handed her a plate full of pancakes topped with honey. she took a bite and felt in heaven. "that's what i'm talking about"

they moved into the living room and sat on the couches. conrad, next to her, seemed nervous. he asked her sister's help to find the perfect gift for belly, and belly's help for willow's gift.

laurel gifted both of them an exclusive edition of a poem book, in which there was a poem susannah used to teach them to recite it.

"for whatever we lose,

like a you or a me,

it's always ourselves we find in the sea" they all recited together.

"you're gonna love mine!" jere said, and they opened his gifts. for belly it was a lucky charm for her driving test, for his sister it was a pair of earrings she begged him to buy her for months.