Chapter 4: The First Encounter (Amy's)

***The Unexpected Savior***

Amy Turner was enveloped by the gilded aura of the Carrington Enterprises anniversary celebration. Dressed in her server's uniform, her gaze tirelessly swept over the expanse of the room. 

Amidst the sparkling crystal chandeliers and murmurs of high-society chatter, her eyes are drawn to the charismatic figure she had been waiting to meet.

Alexander Carrington, the man of the hour, was the centre of attention of all eyes. Impeccably dressed in a well-tailored suit, he had a stunning woman on his arm, but his charisma was what stole the show. 

Laughter and anecdotes circulated him like orbiting planets, his every word, every action attracting attention.

His sharp, blue eyes moved across the room, finally landing on Amy. Their gazes locked, an electrifying moment that seemed to suspend time. 

In his eyes, a curious and mysterious glint appeared, hinting at an interest that was more than casual.

The connection was fleeting but powerful, leaving Amy feeling both stunned and under his inexplicable influence, as though his mere glance held a subtle power over her.

While absorbed in her observations, Amy didn't notice the sleazy man who had been eyeing her throughout the evening. He had had too much to drink and, in his intoxicated state, decided to make his move.

Just as she turned around, balancing her tray, she felt a hand on her backside. 

A gasp escaped her lips as she turned around, her eyes wide with shock and anger. She was about to retort when another voice chimed in.

"Is there a problem here?" Alex's cold voice sliced through the tense atmosphere. 

He had observed the scene from a distance and decided to intervene. 

"No problem at all. Just appreciating the staff," the man chuckled, slurring his words.

Alex's gaze turned icy. 

"Appreciating, is it? I believe you've mistaken your manners." Alex's voice was dangerously low, his eyes never leaving the man's face.

Amy could feel the tension thickening between them. 

"Just a friendly pat, Carrington. Don't be such a prude," the man tried to save face.

"I think the lady deserves an apology," Alex insisted despite the man's excuses.

His voice was calm, but the steely undertone was unmistakable.

The man mumbled a half-hearted apology under his breath, clearly intimidated by Alex's assertive demeanour. Just then, a woman clad in a designer gown elegantly stepped forward. It was the beautiful woman who was with Alex earlier.