Confessions

Amelia's POV

Maybe not. Maybe I shouldn't have done that. Maybe I am a stupid person to even think about the possible normalities in my life. Especially when, just a couple of days prior Leo had given me a clear warning. They will come back for me. They are coming back for me. And yet...

Yet, all I could think of was the way his warmth brought me peace. Oh, how it brought me pure peace. My mind knew too, it knew it could relax. All the unwanted thoughts had simply disappeared in the moment and all I could feel was his hands holding me closely against his body.

I experienced a feeling of pure happiness, one that I believe I am not worthy of and that I feel should not be a part of my existence. But, do I even have the choice anymore? Despite my repeated efforts to ignore him, he managed to gradually make his way into my heart. I'm hesitant to explore the depths of my feelings, but it's clear that he holds a significant place in my life.

This is terrifying.

"What is terrifying? You weren't listening to me, were you?" Mia deadpanned from the driver's seat and I replied with a sheepish grin of mine.

It's Monday. After I woke up crying and struggling to take in any air into my lungs, Adriano stayed. He stayed and held me close, comforting me at my every little whimper, after my every hiccup, he was there.

And God, while it was embarrassing as hell, it warmed my heart. I saw no judgment in his kind eyes, or his expression, or his actions, for that matter. He was just worried, concerned. Which didn't make me feel any better. He shouldn't have to worry about me.

But after a few hours, in came my group of friends, fuming and stomping their feet. Apparently, the twins had told Mia and the news traveled further. The next day too, they stayed, played stupid games to keep me distracted and I was deeply touched, to say the least.

"Thinking about my Fratello (brother)?" She kept her eyes straight ahead and tried to pass this comment without making any funny faces but was terribly failing at doing so.

"Why would I be thinking of Antonio?" I retorted with a smug smirk.

"We both know I am talking about the other one, Ames." She said in a sing-song voice which was followed by chuckles from both of us. "You didn't answer my question though." She pointed out with a sly smile.

"You are so persistent." I murmured, with a roll of my eyes, turning away toward the window and silently praying for school to come to us soon. Because with the speed we are going (which was intentionally being slowed down), it would take at least five minutes to reach our destination. And five minutes was more than enough for her to get answers out of me.

"You just noticed?"

"I always knew it. But I find myself at the receiving end of your stubbornness after a long time." I murmured, more to myself but, of course, she heard it. It's like the Pietro kids have super hearing or something. Is that even a thing?

"Just say it." I glanced at her from the corner of my eyes and turns out she was passing me a teasing glance.

I groaned out loud and turned to her with a disturbed look. "Tell me something..." I started hesitantly. "If, well, uhm. Do you have no problem with me and Adriano? Like us. I mean, our possible relationship?" I muttered, utterly confused about our relationship status.

"Why the hell would I have any problem? My best friend and my favorite brother- don't mention this to Antonio. But my two favorite people getting together is a dream come true. I have always shipped both of you, Ames." She shrugged, so unaware of the way her words warmed my heart.