Dinner - II

Amelia's POV

"Buona sera a tutti (Good evening everyone)." I greeted as I entered the living room to find Pietros already settled in. But before I could grasp the details or order of their settlement I was engulfed in a hug by Claire Pietro. Adriano's mom. And my late mother's dear friend. She has been like a mother figure to me ever since I started living with Gran.

"I am so mad at you, Amy. You don't even visit me anymore." She said with a joking pout which really just made me chuckle at her adorable expressions.

"Forgive me this one time, Claire." I apologized and soon enough Gran ushered us 'kids' to go to my room until the rest of the family comes in and they discuss the necessary details of whatever deal it is they are doing.

"You sure like blue." Adrianna commented as soon as we entered my room and I just gave an embarrassed shrug.

"I have blue eyes. Of course, she likes blue." Antonio suggested, keeping an arm around my shoulder with a cheeky grin. But he was soon pulled away from me by his fratello (brother) while all he did was pass Adriano a teasing wink.

That's classic Antonio behavior for you.

"Nevermind that. Tell me how's high school treating you so far?" I posed, settling down on the chair that was pushed back all the way beside the study table.

Adrianna squealed and started telling all about her friends and teachers. However, I did notice a faltering smile of Antonio as he looked at his sister rambling off all about how great high school is. I looked over at Adriano who was carefully listening to his sister, often giving his input. It was heartwarming, to say the least.

"What about you Antonio? I am surprised you didn't get in any sort of trouble yet." Adriano teased making Anotnio huff at him while I and Adrianna just chuckled at the exchange. But before he could talk about his experience in high school, the door to my room was barged open, and in came my cousins.

I stood up from my seat and sighed as I watched Diana hug Adriano which wasn't exactly reciprocated but well. I watched as Dylan, Diana's younger brother came in, passing a small smirk to Antonio who just replied with a glare of his own. Dylan was also a freshman this year, along with the twins, and after witnessing the little exchange between them, I could tell there was something much more to it.

But my eyes comically widened when I watched Daniel entering the room with a big grin plastered on his face. He came straight toward me and pulled me into a warm and well-needed hug, without giving me any time to register that he is really there. Daniel is my aunt Alice's only son, who is a single mother and is also the youngest among my mom, Uncle Arthur, and herself.

Daniel is doing law at NYU so I didn't really expect to see him here tonight. But he did say something about doing an internship this semester, maybe that would explain why he is here in LA.

"You have no idea how much I have missed you." Dan exclaimed pulling away from me, but the grin on his face didn't change one bit. Unlike Diana and Dylan, I have been close to Dan from the very beginning and our bond just grew stronger ever since I moved in with Gran. He knows the whole story, he knows what happened and he helped me through a lot.

"Jeez, I never got a hug." Diana pointed out, more accusingly than in a teasing manner. My eyes naturally tried to look for Adriano, who was suddenly busy talking to someone on his phone. His expression almost looked tense.

"Awe don't be like that sissy. Come 'ere." Diana shook her head immediately and with one disgusted look my way, walked out of the room. "Maybe not." Daniel frowned at Diana's retreating form but turned to us with a smile."Dinner is being served so let's go, shall we?" He said, addressing Pietros, being the good host he is.