Time for some action I suppose

Adriano's POV 

"What if it goes south though?" I looked down at Amelia who was busy staring at Ryan and Nathan who had just pulled over to Brittany's house and we were watching them with the secrecy of the wall across the street.

"What's the worst that could happen?" I retorted, shrugging a bit, quickly realizing how it lacked reassurance altogether, probably something she wanted right now.

Probably something I want right now too. And not because I am nervous about breaking into someone else's house but maybe because this girl right in front of me is making me go absolutely crazy and I can do nothing to stop it.

And somehow I still love this feeling of having no control over this particular situation.

"Oh, I don't know. We can get caught and Diana can call her dear Daddy and get me executed or something. You'll be fine though." I chuckled softly at her otherwise grumpy remark and she looked at me quite offended.

"I am sorry, doll. That was just funny."

Suddenly, the air shifted and I could see the familiar redness spread across her cheeks. "What's with the sudden nicknames?" She mumbled so quietly that I almost didn't comprehend.

I just choose to smile at her and not say anything that may or may not make things awkward between us again. Going back to square one is the last thing I need.

"How long should we wait exactly?" I murmured instead. She took out her phone, no not really hers but another one she keeps with herself. For hacking purposes? I couldn't be too sure and a thought struck me. I barely know her except for the little habits I have observed over time.

"We'll have about eight minutes after I press this switch. I am already into their security system, it wasn't that encrypted. The moment I press this, the security screens will be all black and we can sneak in. I am sure they won't realize their system is hacked and think it's just a technical glitch"

She explained while I listened to her attentively, closely observing her, something I do subconsciously now. She looked at me with a smile and nodded at me. I replied with a soft nod of my own, a smile taking over my features too.

"Okay, let's go." She announced. And to my utter surprise, held my hand as we moved toward the back of their house. But that wasn't what concerned me at the moment when I could feel her soft hand in mine. It was like the world stopped and all that mattered was this moment.

She held my hand and suddenly I felt more alive than ever. I looked down at our hands with a small smile, completely trusting her to lead the way. It was such a small thing. We were just holding hands, but Amelia held my hand.

And it suddenly felt like things around me were brighter, shinier most of all happier. Or maybe it's not the surroundings that turned more lively but me: my mind, and my heart.

The darkness inside seemed to have settled down as if it didn't exist in the first place. Or perhaps, even the darkness wanted to feel the moment of joy that her simple, probably accidental, gesture provided me.

All these years she didn't even spare me a glance and now here we are, breaking into someone's house, holding each other's hand. Quite romantic, I'd say.

...minus the breaking in part.

I smiled to myself as I thought about the numerous times I had tried to reach out to her only to be pushed away repeatedly which all lead to this.

Maybe she didn't feel the same way about me right now. Maybe she never will. But she talks to me now. She looks at me now. Maybe she also accepts my feelings now.