Although their thoughts were good, they had forgotten to watch their backs. One of them had been ruthlessly shoved by someone and fell forward. The tight group caused a domino effect which caused the eldest princess who was in the very front to fall in.

"This servant truly wasn't aware, otherwise I definitely wouldn't have fallen forward. Things had happened too suddenly." The low-ranked eunuch who was pushed was crying until his face was full of snot and tears. "However, this servant's reactions were quick. Feeling something wasn't right, I managed to grab that person. It was that person who pushed this servant."

Xiao Hua followed the low-ranked Eunuch's pointing finger and saw an ordinary looking palace maid around twenty years old who was being restrained by others.

Seeing the senior concubine look over, that palace maid cried out in fear, "This servant is being unjustly blamed. This servant really didn't push him. This servant was walking while carrying alcohol and wine when someone bumped into her. This servant lost her balance and fell over. The spilled alcohol and dishes on the floor are proof...."

When this palace maid was asked who it was that bumped her, she wasn't able to clearly say it. She only cried and said that there had been too many people around and she really didn't see it....

In this short period of time, they weren't able to figure anything out. Yi Yi had recovered her spirits and cried while hugging Xiao Hua.

"Take the two children back first. Leave the rest for Us to handle."

The Jing Prince's face was cold and stern, his apathetic gaze seemed to have iced over. Xiao Hua nodded, leaving with the two children and the palace maids.

After returning to the Chenxi Palace, Xiao Hua held Yi Yi and comforted her for a long time before she finally fell asleep. Looking at her son's worried face, she knew he had also been frightened.

"Mom, why would someone push me and little sis?"

Xiao Hua froze and pulled her son into her arms. She didn't know what she should say.

"If it wasn't for Xiao De Zi, Zhuo'er definitely would have fallen in as well."

"Zhuo'er, you don't need to think too much. You're still young and shouldn't have to worry about such things. Father will protect you guys. Mother concubine will as well."

Zhuo'er didn't continue asking, but he seemed to be lost in thought.

After coaxing her son to sleep, Xiao Hua looked at the two for a long, long time. Looking at their jade-like little faces under the lamplight, her heart was inconceivably soft.

Who could have been responsible?

Actually there were only those few suspects, or perhaps just one.....

The Jing Emperor returned before long.

He sat next to Xiao Hua and held her hand, "The children were frightened."

Xiao Hua squeezed his hand. She wanted to give him a smile but found it was a little difficult. She leaned weakly in the Jing Emperor's arms.

"Have you managed to figure out what had happened?"

The Jing Emperor's gaze darkened, "Although there isn't any concrete evidence, it was probably done by the Xiao clan, or perhaps by the royal concubine or the empress."

"The Xiao clan?" Xiao Hua muttered.

"Alright, you don't have to worry about this. We will handle it."

Xiao Hua nodded and didn't speak further.

In the middle of the night, Ding Xiang came and reported that the eldest princess had gotten a fever.