114- Failsafe

Catra's PoV

It is the only way. You must do this

You know I'm right about this

This is the right choice. The only choice. It's your destiny

What did Shadow Weaver meant by that? What was she talking about with (AC/N)? and why did she look so startled afterwards? What did she tried to convinced her about? I don't like this, Shadow Weaver is trying to manipulate her, the same way she does with Adora. She...

"Wait!" Shadow Weaver shouts to Adora as she steps inside a circle, immediately lighting up and surrounding her inside a ring of fire

"Adora!" Both (AC/N) and me scream desperately but I move first, jumping straight into the fire, wrapping my body around Adora so I would take the heat and not her and pull her out of the circle, falling to the ground

"I'm okay. I'm okay....." she smiles gratefully at me, resting her arms around my waist before smirking teasingly

"....Did you just jump into fire for me?" She teases with insinuation, raising her eyeshadow

"What? No!...." I immediately shout back embarrassed. I totally did jump into fire for her. She knew I was lying, by the amused laugh and the adorable eyes she was looking at me with I knew she knew I was lying

"....Shut up!" I couldn't stop the burning on my cheeks and I was pretty sure I was crimson by now. It wasn't all for embarrassment, no. Some of it yes! it was but mostly it was the way she looked at me. She looked with the same stunning mesmerizing gaze that completely stole my heart back when we were kids. The same genuine look that made me feel so loved and adored that I didn't want to be look any other way. The same look that now it sparks a flame of hope that those emotions were still there somewhere. That they could.... Resurface again and create something new, she and I and...

"Yes you did Kitty" (AC/N) kneels next to us and offers her hands for us to take, which we do. She smiles at us with that beautiful adoring smile and at this point I was sure someone out there was having too much fun by watching me suffer. How is it that I completely lose the voice of reason when I'm close to these two. I was completely helpless against my feeling for them. I wanted nothing, absolutely nothing, more than to...

"It's an illusion!" Sparkles snaps me out of my head

"Some of the fire is illusory, and some is real. Everyone, be careful" Shadow Weaver warns us before walking through the, sadly, fake fire. Now how does she know that? The rest of us following close. We walk through hallways and hallways covered with real and fake fire when I noticed Adora lags behind everyone. (AC/N) was ahead of me, talking to Sparkles, Castapella and Arrow Boy about the magic behind the illusions but that meant that....

"I see you and Catra are close again....." Shadow Weaver says to Adora as I round the corner of the hallway. It caught my attention enough that I stayed hidden

"....Do you really think that's wise?" She continues when Adora didn't answer. What is she trying to do with this?

"It's none of your business" Adora snaps angrily. That's my Adora

"But it is. If your emotions are blocking you from becoming She-Ra, it's all of Etheria's business. Your judgment was already clouded by having (YF/N) in your life and now adding Catra would only make it worst. It's already happening, isn't it? How long has it been since you were able to transform?" Shadow Weaver says and I wanted not thing more than to killed her there. How dare she say that?