24

Caitlin got straight to work redecorating her office. She hung up art and inspirational messages on the wall to motivate her. But at the centre of the wall was her pride and joy. A framed picture of her and her parents, having a fun time when she was younger. She put one on the front of the table where she worked. She was so glad that she didn't have to hide who she was anymore. She always knew that one day she would take over her father's office, she just wished it was under better circumstances. She kept a professional face at work, but sometimes when she was alone the facade slipped and she felt the tears coming out. Tears for what had happened to her parents, the injustice of it all, and tears for what had happened to her. She still missed her uncle, even though part of her hated him. She was confused as to how to truly feel. She had got rid off Barry's dad as despite what she had said, she found it difficult to work with him after what he did. That was twice now he had ruined her life. Then there was Barry. What was she going to do about him? How could they continue after everything? After what his dad had done to her?

She picked up her phone and called the her manager in

' Right as you know I have returned to run my father's company. I'm now the owner and this is my company so I want to start afresh. I've kept you on as I know how hardworking you are and want what is best for the company. Now I don't want to be horrible to anyone working here, but I need people here who are hardworking and can get the job done. You know everyone outside better then me, so go and tell them that I will give them two months to prove to me how hardworking they are and why they deserve to stay. After two months I will review everyone's performance and position. Everyone's job here is safe for two months and after that I will see. So go outside and tell everyone that they have two months to impress me"

Caitlin was tired after a long, busy day sorting everything out at the office. Barry's dad did not really seemed to have cared about anything or maybe he just hadn't kept up with the times as mostly everything was still old. Caitlin had spent most of the day ordering in new stuff to help everyone and make their lives easier. She drove home tired and unlocked her door, her fingers trembling from the cold. She made herself something to eat and went and sat in front of the fire to warm herself up. Sighing as it failed to warm her up, she went upstairs and took a hot shower. Standing under the hot water she contemplated her life, everything that had happened, Barry, Ronnie leaving her

Caitlin got dressed and picked up her phone. She rang Kate to see how she was, but couldn't get through. She sighed, knowing who she had to call now. She took out her burner phone and dialled 

' Hello?"

Caitlin said nothing and just breathed in response, listening to his voice as she hadn't heard it in ages

' Who is this? Answer me. Fine then I'll just hang up"

' Don't you dare"

' It's you"

' Yes, it's me"

' I thought that you had forgotten me"

' I didn't ring to talk to you. Kate is not answering her phone and I want to talk to her"

' But I want to talk about us"

' Don't"

' Fine, but you can't ignore me for ever. I'm here waiting for you, as long as it takes"

' Barry, don't. There is no way back for us. Not after everything. Please move on and let me"

Duff, duff, duff. As always, feedback appreciated