3

"So we have been hearing very good things about you. Your old boss rate's your work very highly"

"I'm not doing anything special. Just doing what is expected of me"

"Well, in any case they rate you very highly. You must be doing something right"

"I try my best"

"That's very good. That's why they have sent you over to us. Apparently, you're one of the best in your field"

"Sir, I hope that you don't mind me asking but what is the problem? Why am I here?"

"Didn't your previous supervisor tell you?"

"No", said Caitlin, not telling him the fact that once she realised that she was coming back here, she didn't bother with anything else 

"Well, in that case, why don't I introduce you to your patient? Hopefully after seeing her, you can figure everything out"

"Lead the way"

Caitlin followed behind as her boss led her down the halls. She excused herself to go to the bathroom and slipped inside. After coming out, she made her way down the halls, before bumping into someone, who spilled their drink on her

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going and then...."

He took a deep breath 

"Caitlin?"

Caitlin looked up and saw someone that she wasn't ever expecting to see again. She ran down the hall, trying to find her boss

"DR Snow, in here please"

Caitlin grabbed some tissues, and went in, whilst cleaning herself up

"Sorry sir. Some guy bumped into me and spilled his drink on me. That's why I'm trying to clean myself up and why I'm a bit late"

"Forget about that. Let me introduce you to your patient. This is....."

"Kate", Caitlin whispered 

"Do you two know each other?"

"We knew each other a while ago"

"Excellent? This is her file. Please read and familiarise yourself with it"

He disappeared, leaving them alone. Caitlin went and put her arms around Kate

"How are you Kate? What happened?"

Kate began crying, "this is karma Caitlin. My dad ruined an innocent girls life, and now the universe is avenging you and ruining his life, by taking revenge on his daughter"

"Kate, don't say that. I never wished for anything bad to happen to you. We were friends long ago"

Kate grabbed Caitlins arms, "promise me that you'll do everything possible for my child. I don't care if I live or die"

"Kate, don't say that. I'm a doctor. I will definitely try and save both of you"

"Caitlin, I'm sorry"

"For what?"

"For everything that my dad did back then. I'm sorry that I couldn't support you. Please forgive me"

"Kate, it's not your fault. It happened a long time ago. I've moved on. It wasn't your job to defend me. The one who was supposed to didn't, and left me halfway, alone in the journey"

"Don't say that. He still loves you. He was misguided before"

"Kate, leave it. I have nothing left to give him anymore. Not even forgiveness"

Just then Barry entered the room

"Alright Kate, you rest now. I'll come and see you later on. Any problems, press the button. I'll come running"

Caitlin grabbed the file, and ran away from the room. She ran to her office and collapsed into her chair. Could she really do this? Face them all again?

Caitlin was walking home, when she suddenly stopped. There in front of her was his car. Caitlin ran over, and crouched down. She looked around and found what she was looking for. She used the thing that she had found, and let the air out of all his tyres. She laughed and hid around the corner, waiting to see his reaction. Barry came out of the shop, and saw his tyres. He screamed and kicked them all. Caitlin went up to him

"I told you that this wasn't over. Now we are even"

"I should have known it was you"

"This is a warning. Please don't mess with me again"

Caitlin turned to go, when Barry said, "your mad. I think that you need help"

Caitlin turned around, "how dare you? Your mad, your whole family is mad. Your whole generation is mad"

Caitlin turned and ran away. Barry let out a little laugh, she was a strange girl

Duff, duff, duff. What is Caitlin going to do? As always, feedback appreciated