bonus chapter 3: The boy that knew everything (Norman's childhood)

Note (from ao3): Here's the third bonus chapter! Norman's childhood!

I think it's shorter than the last two previous one, but I just didn't really knew what else to put in it ;-;

Hope you enjoy it anyway!
___________________________________________________________

Norman never was a normal kid. That, he always knew. No one had needed to tell him. He understood it by the way they were looking at him and treating him.

His father and him were living in an apartment in the city of Montreal, just the two of them. They weren't rich, but they weren't poor either, despite what their last name was. Their real one.

They were known as the Minervas. But Minerva wasn't technically their real last name. Minerva was Norman's mother's last name. Elena Minerva. Her and his father had decided to keep Elena's last name at their wedding and to give it to their child as well.

Ratri was their real last name. Norman's father's last name. James Ratri. Let's just say that James wasn't in good terms with his family due to the fact that he wanted to marry Elena. His family disinherited James and James did everything to get away from them, even if it meant starting everything from scratch. At least he had Elena by his side.

Until she gave birth to their son. Elena died after she gave birth to their only child. James had named their son after what she wanted. Norman. Norman Minerva was born on a cold day of March.

<~~~~>

Norman never really had friends at school. Maybe because school was way too easy for him. Or maybe because he was weak? Or because he was small? Or because he always had an answer for everything? Or because he easily get sick?

Norman doesn't why the other kids at school didn't like him. If he had to be completely honest, he actually doesn't care about them not liking him. He just want his day to be over faster so he could finally go home.

When Norman turned eight year old, him and his father moved country. James had found himself a decent job out of their country.

Which then lead them to the small town of Grace field.

Norman wasn't too happy about starting in a new school. He was used to speak French all the time, so hearing everyone talking only English took him some time to get use to it. At least he was able to quickly adapt himself in any kind of situation.

He doesn't know why, but the other students don't seem to like him very much. But he doesn't mind. If he has to stay with the teacher during recess or just stay alone for the rest of his school years, then he'll stay alone or with the teacher.

They're not there so who will he pass time with?

<~~~~>

He was glad when the teacher noticed him on the verge of collapsing because of the heat. It was his first day and, just like he tought, other students didn't seem to like him already.

By the teacher's demand, Norman went to sit under the shadow of a tree. He didn't notice the black-haired boy until this one spoke.

Norman didn't know at that moment but, it was the beginning of a great friendship. A friendship that goes back a thousand years ago.

But Norman didn't know that, not yet at least. He had the feeling it was but, it was just a feeling, right?

<~~~~>

Norman and his father liked to take some walks, either in a forest or just in the parc near their apartment building. They loved to go stargaze together.