Birthdays

Note: I still really like this chapter! Not my fave anymore but still one that I like a lot

Note (from ao3): That's my favorite chapter so far

I love it!

Enjoy!
___________________________________________________________

A truck.

Inside of it, death.

Little girl laying inside the truck.

Dead.

There's a flower coming out of her chest.

Dead.

« -ma? ... -man? »

A giant hand, not human, grab her.

Dead.

« Emma? Norman? »

« Huh? »

The concern voices of their friends made them snapped out of their thoughts. They were all looking at them worriedly, even Don's little sister.

« You two look like you've seen a ghost or something. What's the matter? »

Emma took a deep breath. She doesn't know why she take one, but she still does.

« Everything's fine! I don't know what you're talking about. So, Don, what's her name? »

They all looked at each other worriedly before bringing back their attention to them.

« Oooookay... If you say so. Her name's Conny! She's six years old! »

« Hello everyone! »

Everyone greeted her. Norman only had the strength to wave at her for some reason. Emma was back to her older self.

Anna then notice how Ray hadn't said or done anything since Don had presented Conny. She saw him staring at the bunny plushie that the little girl was holding.

That bunny.

She was about to say something when he raised his head to look at Emma and Norman. He had an expression on his face that she wasn't able to read. He turn his attention to the whole group.

« I didn't know you had a little sister, Don. »

A grin was stuck on the brown-haired boy.

« Hehe! Well now you know! »

They passed the whole day together until they all went to their apartments.

<~~~~>

« Norman! »

Norman jumped at Emma's shout. Thinking she needed help, he ran to her room to find her laying on her bed.

« Emma?! What-What's wrong? »

She turned her head to look at him.

« It's almost Ray's birthday! We need to do something! »

He let out a chuckle.

« That's all? Well, I know our mom want us to go to her house. Last time I talked to her, she said that for Ray's birthday, she already had something planned. »

« Oh, okay! »

She got up.

« We still need to do something to help her! I'll buy him a gift when I have time! »