The date

Note (from ao3): Sorry for the delay!

As of now the updates will be random for this fic

Enjoy!
___________________________________________________________

Emma never felt this nervous before.

She was going on a date.

Her first one ever.

Norman was sitting on the couch, watching as Emma was going in and out of her room. She had asked him to help her choose what she would be wearing for her date.

She ended up choosing her knee-length light-yellow summer dress with sunflower at the end of it. Her favorite. Even if it was only January.

« Norman! Do you know how to do hair? »

« Yeah, I know how! I'm coming! »

She was sitting in front of her mirror, a brush and an hair elastic in her hands. Once beside her, Emma gave him the objects and he went to work.

He tied her hair in a bun. She had a braid hanging on the left side of her face while an other one, on the right side, was tied in the bun.

« Wow... It's beautiful! Thank you! »

His smile soften.

« Your welcome! I see that you have some makeup? Want me to help with that too? »

« You can?! »

« Yeah! »

Norman let out a laugh at her surprise expression. Emma turned around to face him, giving him the few makeup she had. He took them and started when she closed her eyes.

« I didn't know you had makeup. »

« Well, it's because of Gilda and Anna. »

He nodded, even if she couldn't see him.

His heart was aching a little. Knowing that she was making all of that for someone other than him, he felt... sad. He didn't know why he was feeling like that, but he still put a smile on his face. As long as she was happy, he would be too. Even if it hurt.

« Done! You can look now. »

She turned around to look at herself in the mirror. She was amazed.

« How do you know how to do all of that? You and Ray don't have a sister, right? »

He let out a chuckle.

« No, we don't. In all honesty, it was my first time doing that. And mom is not the kind of woman to wear makeup. She doesn't need makeup anyway. »

"And you don't need it too..."

She turned around, frowning at him.

« You're kidding, right? Your first time!? Norman! »

She looked back at herself in the mirror.

« Look at me! It's clearly not your first time! »

« I can assure you that it is! You should go now. You don't want to make him wait, don't you? »

Emma gave him a quick hug before leaving.

The moment she closed the door, it was the moment he felt the loneliness he always feel whenever she wasn't there.

<~~~~>

Since knowing that they were living right beside each other, Ray and Anna passed a lot of time together. They would normally just go for a walk with Ray's camera.