Why?

Note: for once in my life I didn't have anything to say in the note of this chapter

This is a miracle!

Note (from ao3): Enjoy!
___________________________________________________________

« Hi! Welcome to Goldy Pond's cafe! What can i get for- you... »

She fell silent. In front of her was a young boy. Most probably in his teens. Tan skin. Dark brown hair. Blue eyes. A smile recognizable between thousands.

34394

« Phil?! »

Emma didn't turn around to look at Norman that had just joined them at the front as she made her way around the counter to stop in front of the younger boy. Norman had joined them right after.

« Hi, Emma and Norman! It's been a while! »

Emma felt her eyes getting teary as she took Phil in her arms. Norman hugged them both. They heard Phil let out a chuckle mixed with a sob. They both backed away to look at him. His tears were rolling down his cheeks as he tried to wipe them away.

« I-I'm so happy... I'm so happy that you're both alive, and well! »

Emma and Norman's expression soften.

« We're so happy to see you're doing good too, Phil. »

Emma had kept her hands on his shoulders as she let out a chuckle.

« You're as tall as me now, Phil! Soon you'll be taller than me. »

Phil let out a chuckle as he wiped away his remaining tears on his cheeks.

« And your hair, Emma! They're so long! »

The ginger-haired girl let out a nervous chuckle as she took her braided hair in her hand.

« Ah! I know. I want to cut them, actually. Just don't know when. »

« I didn't know you wanted to cut them. »

Emma turned around to look at Norman. Phil looked at him too.

« Well, I just haven't told you about it yet. »

The white-haired boy playfully rolled his eyes as he crossed his arms and an amused smile appeared on his lips.

« Phil? »

Everyone looked up to see Ray standing behind them.

« Ray! »

The young boy went to hug the older one who immediately hugged him back.

« You remember too Phil? »

Ray felt the brown-haired boy nod agaisnt him.

« Yes, I remember everything! »

Both Emma and Norman soften at the scene in front of them. Norman talking made them back away from the hug to look at him.

« It's really good to see you again, Phil. What brought you here in the first place? »

The smile they all missed a lot appeared on the young boy's face.

« My friend told me about the cafe! She said that her brother's friends had one of the best cafe in town. She wanted us to try it together. »

« So you're waiting for her? »

« Yes! Ah! There she is! »

The trio turned around to meet two blue eyes looking curiously at them. The blonde girl was way taller than they remembered. Seeing her like this brought some tears to Emma's eyes.