Chapter 8: Horrificator

Conner POV

"Agent Smith, it's too dangerous! We must evacuate!" Adrien cried.

"You're suggesting we run, Officer Jones? After it devoured my family, my friends, even my beloved dog, Sniffles? Never! I won't run! I no longer fear it, I'm going to face it, then I'll- Waaaaah!"

Mylene screamed out because Ivan scared her with a monster mask, much to everyone's dismay.

"Sorry, Mylene." Ivan said he removed the mask.

" Mylène! That's like, the tenth take, and we're only on the first scene!" Nino sighed.

"Fourteenth actually. But who's counting?" Alix added.

The reason why we were here was because Nino was making a movie for a project set by Damocles. Which included Isabella, much to Marinette's dismay.  However, because of Mylene, it's taking a lot longer than it should.

"Ivan, go ahead and put the mask back on. And Mylène, we need you to stay in character, okay? If you need a break, we can compromise."  Rydell says as Ivan puts the mask back on.

Mylène gets a frightened look on her face, "I need to sing my happy song, it always makes me feel better..." she starts to sing to herself, backing away as she does so, "Smelly wolf, smelly wolf, stinky breath and slimy-Ahh!" she yelps in fright as she backs up into Isabella.

"It's just me, Mylène! It's okay!" the brunette reassures her.

An embarrassed Mylene ran away crying while Ivan ran after her.

Minutes passed by and Mylene hasn't returned with Ivan.

"What are we supposed to do now without our leading actress?" Nino asks.

"Remind me how long we have?" I asked.

"The deadline for the Parisian Student Short Film Festival is tomorrow evening, precisely 26 hours, 15 minutes and 14, 13 seconds from now." Max calculates.

"Great. And we're still in square one." I sighed.

"And we still have editing, post-sound, soundtrack..." Marinette starts to get stressed.

"Mei and I already sorted out the post-sound and soundtrack. So, all we need to do is the performance, the hours of editing and that's it." Rydell answered.

"Except we don't have a main lead." Mei added.

"Isabella can do it." Rydell answered.  "She's the understudy after all. I'm sure you'll probably be more comfortable kissing her in the next scene than Mylène."

I almost choked on my drink while Marinette let out strangled cry.

"KISS!?" She and Isabella shrieked.

"Hold on! We never agreed to a kissing scene!" I coughed as Rose patted my back.

"You wrote that?!" Marinette clutches Alya's shirt collar.

"No, I didn't." Alya pulls herself away from Marinette.

"Uh...I wrote it." Nino spoke up, making Marinette glare harshly at him, "It was just a little tweak. You know, to move the story forward-"   

"What?!" Alya storms up to him, "You edited my script without even telling me?! That's low!"

"Wait a minute! You mean our script!" Nino corrects her as the two get up in each other's faces.

"Cool it, you two. We got a performance to do." Mei reminded as she pushed the two away from each other.

"Mei's right!"  Chloé retorts, "We've got to film this thing, right?"