Chapter 2: Stormy Weather

No one POV

"Welcome to the finals of our KIDZ+ competition! Where today, one lucky winner will be announced as our brand new KIDZ+ weather girl!" TV Host Alec announced as the camera closed up to both Mireille and Aurore. Both of them either waved or giggled in front of the camera. The crowd chanted both of the girls' names.

"We started off with 5000 contestants. But with the help of our audience at home, we whittled our talent down to just these two amazing young ladies! So, let's welcome our fantastic finalists! To my right, Aurore Beauréal, and to my left, Mireille Caquet! Who will be the lucky winner? Vote now! Text 1 for Aurore and 2 for Mireille. And remember, standard text messaging rates apply."

Conner POV

Ever since I became Wolf Gris, I started training and practicing martial arts to improve my chances against akumas and criminals. As I went out for my run, I saw my mother watching KIDZ+ with my younger brother Dante.

"This is the moment we've been waiting for! The viewers at home have made their decision, and the new KIDZ+ weather girl is...Mireille!" The TV host announced.

While Mireille was cheering and thanking her fans, Aurore was livid, but kept it to herself.

"Man, she really crushed you, eh? Better luck next time." Alec teased, much to Aurore's chagrin as she stormed off.

"Damn. I feel bad for her." I said.

"Same. That host was a real jerk to her." Dante said.

"Well, you win some, you lose some. That's life." My mother said.

Let's hope there's no akuma today.

Gabriel POV

"The vibrations are so strong, I can feel the eminent anger and sadness. The moment of weakness at my next victim... Such easy prey for my Akuma." I said as I empowered one of my akumas.

"Fly away, my little akuma. And evilise her." I commanded as it flew from my hand and out of the window.

Aurora POV

" I should have won, I have the talent, the star looks, everything! But she took everything away from me. They took everything away from me! They-"

My rant was cut off when the elevator stopped. I looked around and tried to find a way out, only to see an akuma fly towards me.

"No, get away!" I shouted as I swung my parasol at it.

Suddenly, it entered my parasol and Hawkmoht's voice spoke to me.

"So correct you are. You should have won. Yes..." He said.

"Yes. I should've won." I muttered.

" Stormy Weather, I am Hawk Moth. I give you the power to seek revenge on them as my weather girl. All you have to do is bring me the Miraculous. Can you do that?" He spoke.

"Yes." I replied eagerly.

"That's my weather girl. Show the world who the best weather girl really is!" Hawkmoth replied.

Mei POV

I was walking down the street with groceries until I noticed  the air becoming slightly colder. I shivered and looked up at the sky.

"Weird. I don't remember the weather being this cold." I muttered.

"Something's up." Nixx said.

"Right. Time to transform." I said and slipped into the alleyway.

After swapping into Bianfu, I started darting across the rooftops until I noticed that the air was growing colder and colder, to the point it was almost unbearable.