Prologue: Birth of Heroes

Mei POV

It was supposed to be an easy task.

Grandfather Fu tasked me to find holders of the wolf, ladybug and black cat miraculous ever since the awakening of the moth miraculous, meaning that danger is near. 

Anyway, my name is Mei-Ling Fu. At first glance, I'm an ordinary student. But, I'm a superhero known as Biānfú and the granddaughter of the current guardian of the miraculous, Wang Fu. He's been taking care of me ever since my parents passed away. He was the one who taught me everything about the miraculous and the kwamis.

A creature known as a kwami was talking about a legend, "Many centuries ago, magic jewels bestowing extraordinary powers were created. These were...the Miraculous. Throughout history, heroes have used these jewels for the good of the human race. Four of these Miraculous are more powerful than the others; the ear cuff of the bat, the pendant of the wolf, the earrings of the ladybug and the ring of the black cat. 

Whoever obtains these jewels will have ultimate power.  

Power that should not be used.

I heaved a sigh as I found no one worthy of the miraculous.

"Damn it. I messed up." I sighed.

"Look out!" A voice called.

I looked back, only to get knocked over by a black haired boy with hazel eyes. He wore a dark grey hoodie with grey jeans and black and white trainers. 

"Sorry about that. You almost got hit by a car. I had to tackle you out of the way." He said.

"Oh. It's not a problem. But, thank you." I replied as he gave me a hand up, which I accepted.

The boy looked at me for a moment.

"Hey. Aren't you Mei-Ling? The daughter of that chinese shop down the road?" He asked.

"Granddaughter, actually. My parents are gone, so he's been taking care of me." I explained.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"It's fine. I should get going." I said as I turned to leave.

"My name's Conner, by the way. Conner DuboisAnderson." He called.

"I know. We've met in kindergarten. And your father helped fix my grandfather's van. Thank you for that." I said as I left.

My kwami, Nixx exited my jacket.

"He's got a good heart. And he's cute too." She teased.

"Stop, Nixx." I said, blushing slightly.

I looked back at his house and an idea formed in my head.

I think I found my target. I thought.

I entered the alleyway and swapped into my alter ego, Biānfú. Afterwards, I used my whip to ascend upwards and entered Conner's bedroom, leaving the Chinese box obtaining the wolf miraculous.

"Hope I made the right call." I said as I exited the bedroom.

Conner POV

After a few minutes, I arrived at my school, Françoise Dupont High School.