seventeen

seventeen.
::the girl who cried wolf::

"the truth is spelt out in your eyes,
why don't you just reach out and
make it clear to me, what are you telling me?"
—5sos

.•°* .•°* .•°* .•°*

Bella walked into Althea's room seeing the girl laying on her bed reading

Bella walked into Althea's room seeing the girl laying on her bed reading. A few days had passed and the girls had fallen into a larger funk. Each one of them stayed locked away in their rooms the rest of the weekend before falling into the same routine again. Waking up in the morning and getting ready in silence before going to school and coming back home to lock themselves away. Althea had received a few texts and a couple calls from Paul, but every single one continued to be ignored by the girl. Ironic. The following week she had been wishing for him to reach out. And now that he was she wanted nothing to do with him. She wanted nothing to do with any single one of those guys who matched like they were in some kind of boyband.

"Hey, I'm going on a hike. I was wondering if maybe you wanted to come with me?" Bella wondered. Althea looked to her sister, debating it for a couple of seconds before nodding her head. A hike. It couldn't hurt, could it?

"Sure, let me just put some sneakers on and throw on a hoodie."

Bella and Althea trekked through the woods up the side of the mountain. Althea had no idea where Bella was taking them, but she just liked being surrounded by nature. It was like she could finally breathe for a moment. Each girl had their own backpacks filled with a few snacks and water along with a blanket. Rather be prepared than unprepared this time out in the woods. There was a moment Bella had almost tripped over a fallen branch which had Althea giggling at her sister. A slight scowl on the older girl's face before she herself started to laugh.

"I know. I'm such a clutz," Bella said.

"You're Bambi. It's just who you are," Althea shrugged it off.

"We're almost there. I think you'll really like it. It's this field with flowers everywhere," Bella explained to Althea. Flowers? In March? The girl gave her a confused look. Sure some of the trees were gaining some green to them as the winter was finally slipping away. But it still wasn't spring yet, so she found it hard to believe that flowers would be in bloom yet.

A noise sounded in the distance which had both of the sisters looking around their surroundings.

"Is anybody there?" Bella called out. She couldn't be serious right now. Althea gave her a look in response.

"It's probably just a rabbit." Althea assured her, trying to stay a little calm.

Who calls out in the middle of woods to see who's there?