eight

eight.
::animal::

"tried to pretend, but it just don't feel right"
—sir chloe

.•°* .•°* .•°* .•°*

Though it came to be very difficult for Althea to do

Though it came to be very difficult for Althea to do. She continued to keep her distance from the Cullens. The family had first questioned if Bella had given the letter to her sister. But after Alice had seen Bella handing the letter off to Althea in her vision she had confirmed the girl had gotten it. Not that Alice saw her face necessarily, just the bracelet and the ring she always wore. And something that solidified that the exchange occurred was how the sisters seemed to not interact with each other at all. The younger Swan opted to eat lunch in the library and avoided her sister in gym class.

Quickly, February was breezing by for the girl as she fell into a new routine. And when she wasn't in school, she'd either lock herself away in her room or she would be dragged out of the house by Jake. But something that wasn't settling with her a little was how Jake was when she would be with him. Questions about Bella became more frequent, always leaving the girl in a sour mood before he would eventually notice and change the subject. It was clear that Jacob was developing a crush on the older Swan girl. The one he had for Althea seemed to become buried within him the more he talked with Bella. Maybe it was possibly because he felt like he didn't have a shot with Althea even when at moments it seemed like their feelings were mutual to him. Like a dog being distracted by a squirrel, Jacob had become more distracted by Bella's presence because it was new to him. The boy with his teenage brain also thought maybe if he didn't have a shot with Althea, he could have one with Bella. But there was a small part of him that hoped that it could ignite a little flame of jealousy in Althea to see if he had been reading all the wrong signals all along or if there actually was a chance for them. Jacob Black was right about one thing.

Althea had become livid by the closeness between the two. She couldn't help it. Feeling her best friend slip through her fingers to her older sister who felt like she was entitled to everything. Just like when she was younger, the girl showed how territorial she was. But Bella seemed unaffected when Althea had confronted her one night about it. In Bella's head, it was an eye for an eye. If she couldn't have Edward who clearly wanted Althea's attention, she would take Jacob as a substitute for the time being. Bella ultimately planned to use Jacob to get under her sister's skin along with a way to keep herself busy. Bella Swan was peeved that things weren't going her way this time around while Althea was just grateful she kept her temper down so it wouldn't cause Charlie a lot more issues.

She sat in the library, eating her lunch in the back corner to avoid the scolding eyes of the librarian. Even though she was aware the girl ate in the library, she had to act like she didn't approve of Althea's actions so other students wouldn't do it. The Swan girl was busy finishing up her English reading when she felt a cold presence. Looking up from her work to see Edward Cullen standing there internally battling himself on what to say. Althea sent him an annoyed look before going back to what she was doing. He let out a sigh before sitting down across from her. Annoying her even more, she began to gather her things.