one

one.
::change::

"in a conversation but my mind is out the back door"
—Djo

.•°* .•°* .•°* .•°*

"Dad, dinner is ready!" Althea Swan called out to her father who was in the living room glued to his recliner chair

"Dad, dinner is ready!" Althea Swan called out to her father who was in the living room glued to his recliner chair. His shift at the station started in an hour and his youngest daughter wanted to make sure he had something to eat before he was out for the remainder of the night.

Althea Swan took care of her dad just as he took care of her. Their dynamic was what worked well for them. Whenever people saw how caring Althea was when it came to her father, they always gushed in response and commented on how sweet the girl was. But it was just those two. Two peas in a pod. Althea was still in contact with her mother, Renee, and her older sister, Bella, visiting them from time to time. But Althea knew where she belonged and that was right with Charlie Swan.

She had always been a daddy's girl. Her best friend Jacob would always playfully tease her for it. But she knew deep down she was. Charlie was her hero as she was his entire world. It had been like that since she was a baby. Which was ultimately one of the reasons why when her parents divorced, Charlie got Althea and Renee got Bella. That and the fact that when Renee tried to take off with both Bella and Althea, she only made it as far as Port Angeles because baby Althea was screaming bloody murder. It was like her little baby body felt like she was being ripped from where she was meant to be. She only wanted her father. So Renee had to give it up and let Althea be with Charlie.

"If you don't pull yourself away from the tv, I will not cook for you for a whole week," Althea threatened, seeing as her father had yet to make his way into the kitchen where his plate of food sat at the table getting cold.

"I'm coming, Al. You don't need to threaten to starve me," Charlie mumbled, entering the room.

"Please, like you would starve. I know you keep stopping by the diner for a burger when I'm out with Jake," Althea gave him a pointed look. Charlie sheepishly looked at her, seeing her glare at him which resulted in him shrugging slightly.

"What? There's something about them that keeps me going back," Charlie tried to defend himself. Even if he knew it was the french fries that accompanied the burger that always had him sneaking off to the diner instead of making himself something at home.

"Yeah, it's called french fries. With all the burgers and fries you eat you want to know what you're feeding?" Althea asked him.

"Myself?" Charlie let out more of a question than a response, a look of confusion on his face.

"Your blood pressure! And what happens if it gets too high? Like the highest it can go? And you just drop dead?" Althea brought up the potential risk. A little scared thinking about if her father did die. Shaking the feeling off as best as she could, she looked at him. He stared at her with a look of shock before his eyes softened.