thirteen

thirteen.
::enchanted::

"all i can say is i was enchanted to meet you"
—taylor swift

.•°* .•°* .•°* .•°*

Althea's 17th birthday had passed by quickly

Althea's 17th birthday had passed by quickly. It feels rather different than all the years before. None of the Cullen's were around to celebrate with her. And Jacob couldn't stay the night going into her birthday like usual because he had a field trip in the morning. Along with the fact that now that Bella was like a zombie which just seemed to get worse from October to December. Everything change drastically.

The Swan residents started to barely get sleep in their house due to Bella's nightmares. Her screams in the night time were taking a toll on them all. Charlie had begun to take more night shifts because he felt rather hopeless. Not knowing what to do in order to make his oldest daughter feel better. All he knew was that Edward had broken her heart and the Cullens had left their mark on his two daughters and left. And Althea seemed to be the only one who tried to get over it all. At least she was good at saving face. When she would hang out with Jacob along with Embry and Quil, she was regular Althea. But when she was by herself, Charlie could tell something was off.

In reality, Althea was trying her best to forget the friendship she had with the Cullen children. Though there always seemed to be something that reminded her of them. She had even gone as far as to clear her own photo memory board. It was the only way to start fresh. And the few pictures she had with Rosalie and Emmett along with Edward that Alice had taken was too much for her. And she didn't want Bella to have to deal with seeing those pictures as a reminder if she ever got up from the chair by the window she was glued to and wandered into Althea's room.

Billy Black had even extended an offer out to Althea, even though she was always welcomed at their house. He wanted her know if she needed a night of uninterrupted sleep, she could always stay over. And she had taken him up on that a few times. Charlie had understood when she would choose to be out of the house some nights rather than be home listening to Bella scream. As long as Althea let him know where she would be, he was fine with her going out. He wanted her to not be locked away from everyone and everything like Bella had done.

"Hey, it started to snow again. I wanted to see if you wanted to come with Embry and I down to the beach to watch the snow fall more?" Jacob asked Althea who was laying down on his sofa in his living room.

"Sure, let me just steal one of your hoodies before I put my jacket on. Gotta stay warm," Althea chirped.

She soon found herself layered in some clothing while she, Jacob, and Embry walked along the snowy beach. The waves crashed against the shore with a booming sound. Even in the cold of the January winter, the ocean was calming. If she could, she would live by the ocean so she could watch the water all the time.