four

four.
::american teenager::

"just give it one more day then you're done"
—ethel cain

.•°* .•°* .•°* .•°*

The cafeteria was filled with voices as everyone conversed with each other

The cafeteria was filled with voices as everyone conversed with each other. Some were already at their chosen tables while others were still in line to grab their lunch. Althea sent a kind smile to the lunch lady who gave her an extra peach cup before taking her lunch tray and turning towards the masses of people. Her green eyes scanned over the faces before she caught sight of Bella following Mike and Jessica to the table. Althea made her way towards the group, watching Eric wrap his arm around Bella's shoulder.

"Hey, Mikey. You met my homegirl, Bella," Eric said with a smile.

"Oh, your home girl?" Mike questioned, a little peeved before Tyler ran up to them.

"My girl," Tyler declared, kissing Bella's cheek before pulling Mike's seat from out under him. Both the boys ran out of the cafeteria. Althea placed her tray down before picking up the chair to sit down in between her sister and Jessica.

"I can't stand those two half the time," Althea shook her head.

"It's like the first grade all over again. They just switched sisters. You're the shiny new toy," Jessica told Bella.

"Smile," Angela instructed before a flash blinded the group. Blinking her eyes a little, Althea gave Angela a confused look. "Sorry, I needed a candid for the feature."

"The feature's dead, Angela. Don't bring it up again," Eric hissed. Althea, who was mid-chew of her sandwich, turned to glare at the boy's harshness. "I got your back, baby," Eric assured Bella before he stood up.

"And I'll have your balls the next time you talk to Ang like that," Althea threatened the boy who was then quick to scurry away.

"Guess we'll just run another editorial on teen drinking," Angela shrugged.

"You can always go for eating disorders. Speedo padding for the swim team," Bella suggested. Angela thanked the girl for those new ideas, actually happy with having options now. Jessica and Angela began to giggle as they discussed the potential of speedo padding. Althea had stopped to take a drink of her water before looking towards her sister to see her attention elsewhere.

"What's up?" Althea questioned. Bella looked to Althea before turning back to look at whatever was behind the younger girl.