CHAPTER 27: Y/N

"You work for Reo?!" I growled when Ax finished his report and for once he looked sheepish; my eyes narrowed and dad held up a hand.

"He didn't seek him out."

"Didn't tell him no either." I scoffed while crossing my arms over my chest.

"Princess.." Dad started and I cut him off.

"It's not Reo, Dad. He wouldn't do this. He wouldn't do this to me." I said adamantly and Dad gave me a smile.

"We know, princess. He wasn't a suspect, we just used him to get access to his family."

"He was a suspect." Ax chimed in and Dad glared at him. "To you." Dad added and Ax shrugged.

"Ax you're lucky I love you like family or I'd seriously kick your ass right now." I pointed a finger at him and Reign laughed.

"Right." He scoffed mockingly.

"She could." Ax said and I smirked. "Taught her everything I know." I flipped Reign off while he stared at me wide eyed.

"Anyways." Dad huffed. "So you're going back?"

Ax nodded. "His mother wants to meet so I will go and let him know everything that's going on. I will report what I find." Dad nodded and Ax left the room while I chewed on my lip, I ran after him but stopped short when I saw him leaning against the wall waiting for me.

"If he asks to talk to you, I will have him call."

I let out a breath and nodded. "Thank you.."

He continued to stare and I sighed. "What?"

"He will ask to come and see you." He stated and I nodded, staring at the ground. "I know.." I whispered.

"Your mom and dad said he could." My head whipped up and I stared at him wide eyed.

"They did?" 

"We did." Dad said from behind me and I whirled around, eyes misty. "If he wants to come see you and you want him here, we will allow it."

I ran up and hugged him. "Why?" My voice cracked and he hugged me tightly.

"Because regardless of how stubborn you are, I know that you need him. I also have never seen you so happy. Driven? Yes. Content? Yes. But that happy? Never. If you have forgiven him and want him here, he'll be here." He said and I let out a laugh of disbelief.

"Thank you.."

It's been almost 36 hours and I was going stir crazy, I was stuck in a bubble and after I spent the first week freaking out over Reign, I spent the next week mulling over my life. I debated with myself over everything, I looked back at my life the past year; how so many things changed. How I changed. 

I came up with one thing for certain, regardless of how this ends; I need him. I choose Reo.

My thoughts was interrupted by the ringing of my phone and I leaped on to my bed trying to grab it and in turn caused it to fall off the bed. I grunted and leaned over to grab it.

"Reo?"

I heard a sigh and a chuckle of disbelief. "Y/N?" He said softly and I smiled.

"Hi." 

"You're okay?" He sounded like he couldn't believe I was talking to him and I bit my lip to stop myself from crying. I couldn't help but overthink that maybe the distance, the lack of contact would make him move on. I had hope that he didn't when I learned he hired Ax but now hearing his voice and knowing he asked Ax to talk to me filled me with overwhelming joy.

"Some what." I sighed. "I want to come home.."

"I want you home too but I refuse to put you or your family in danger." He said adamantly and I smiled. "I- I miss you so fucking much." He whispered harshly and I bit my lip. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have-"

"I miss you too." I interrupted and I heard him suck in a breath.

"You do?" He asked in disbelief.

"I do.."

After a few seconds of silence he cleared his throat. "We have a lot to talk about, baby but not over the phone."

"I know..  I just needed to talk to you, let you know that I was okay and that I missed you." I whispered and I could hear his smile when he replied.

"I'm glad you're okay, baby. Can I call you after this meeting?" 

"Please.. Reo, I'm sorry for everything that is going on. If we didn't-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence." He growled. "What did I tell you after our last kiss?"

I let out a small huff but couldn't stop the smile. "That we're inevitable." I said softly.

"That's right, baby. We're inevitable." He said evenly. "I'll make this all right, I promise." 

"Okay." I breathed and a knock sounded at my door, Dad popped his head in with a grim smile and I knew my time was up; I needed to let Ax do his job. "I have to go.."

He chuckled. "I know, your scary bodyguard is giving me a death stare." I chuckled and closed my eyes.

"Please, be safe." I whispered.

"I will, baby. I'll talk to you later, okay?" He said hopeful and I bit my lip to stop the sob from crawling out of my throat. 

"Okay." I whispered. "Bye, Reo."

"Bye, baby." He said softly and the three beeps sounded but I couldn't take the phone away from my cheek. Dad grabbed my phone and pulled me into his arms, shushing me while I cried out 3 weeks of emotions.

"He'll be okay." Dad said and I shook my head.

"How do you know? They sound crazy, Dad. How do you know they won't use him to get to me? To us?"

He chuckled and I looked at him with brows furrowed, he kissed my head and shook his head. "If you think that man will let anything happen to you, then you don't know him. He searched relentlessly for you for 3 weeks. He had an account set up by his parents when he was a kid and he nearly drained it paying Axel. His grades slipped, he's benched from playing soccer and he's blocked his parents on everything." 

My eyes were so wide by the end that Dad laughed again. "Have faith in him, princess."

"I told you that men were relentless when they either fuck up or chasing something they desperately want." Mom said from behind him and I turned to give her a watery smile. This was the hardest on her, with all her children receiving threats and one son being shot; Thank God Dad has been a rock for all of us.

"Mom.." I breathed before running into her arms. She rubbed my back lovingly and I tried to bury myself deeper into her embrace. "Your Dad's right." He let out a noise of surprise and she shushed him. "Have faith in him."

I nodded and took a deep breath. "Try not to worry.. too much." She smiled and led me to Reigns room where we all sat down as a family, going over our next moves. By the end of the night we were all scattered around the room where we fell asleep in odd positions. I was so bone tired that I missed the call from Reo.