Nightmares

Hello everyone, this is my first story, so please don't leave any hate. I hope you enjoy this story! Have fun reading! (not my art)
——————————————————————

Kai woke up screaming, he needed a moment to realize it was only a bad nightmare he had. He tried to calm himself down but it seemed to be useless. He covered his face, big tears escaped his eyes and he didn't even notice that someone was knocking on his door. The person went to Kai, putting a hand on his shoulder. As he looked up, it was his little sister, who looked worried about her brother.

Kai was a good-looking boy, and he was one of the most popular students at his school, but he was always quiet and depressed. He was in a band too, but he only played the drums. His band wasn't really successful, but his little sister thought that he should be the lead singer because she said his voice was the most beautiful she had ever heard.

They were siblings, but they looked very different. Kai had brown hair, he was very tall, and his eyes were a dark brown color. On his right eye, he had a scar that stretched from his eyebrows to just below his eye. No one knew how he got that scar, but almost all the kids at their high school wanted the same. Some of them even painted scars on their eyes just to look like him. His sister, Nya, had long black hair with a blue strand in it. Her eyes were crystal blue, and she was a normal size.

Nya was as popular as her brother. Unlike him, she was a bit shy, but she didn't show it. Kai, being the older sibling, was 3 years older and therefore, he was very overprotective over her. For example, every time a random boy talked to her, Kai would appear from a dark corner and most of the time, the boy went home with a black eye.

"N-Nya, is that you?" he said with a broken voice. "Yeah, big brother, it's me," she responded with a small smile on her face. Kai got up and shook his head a little, as if he was trying to shake off the shock. "Are you okay?" Nya asked. "Yeah, I'm absolutely fine, just a little nightmare," he said with a fake smile. Nya knew he was lying, but she also knew her brother well enough to know that he wouldn't tell her the truth, so she stayed silent.

On that day, Kai was different. He completely stopped talking, even to the teachers, and he started hiding himself in a black hood. Nya started to wonder what that nightmare was about. Luckily, Kai was really good at school, so the tests he wrote made sure he didn't get kicked out of school because he wasn't talking to the teachers. He continued like this until he fully changed. After one half year of being in this mood, he was like a different person. That Monday, he just came out of his room and acted weird. He didn't prepare breakfast, so Nya had to make it herself. He also just went to school on his own instead of waiting for his sister like every morning.

/ Nyas POV.../

First, I was worried about my brother. I knew he had nightmares since our parents lost us when he was seven and I was four years old. He had them every night, but he didn't tell me. I just knew about them because we have to share a room and I can always hear him talking in his sleep. I tried many times to talk to him, but he refuses to talk about his feelings. I think it's because he always had to take care of me. He raised me since our parents were taken away, and I always had the feeling that he thinks he has to be strong for me.

A loud noise interrupted my thoughts. It was the school bell. "Shit, I'm going to be late!" I rushed into my classroom and sat down on my chair. I couldn't focus on the lesson. I was just so worried about my brother. What was wrong with him?

/Kais POV.../

I realized I forgot to make breakfast and didn't wait for Nya before going to school. How could I forget this after years of doing it? I had to keep it together, for her! But I wasn't myself. I couldn't even remember the past three days. And I had to find out what was really going on, all I knew was that something really was off.

When school was over, I suddenly found myself in a dark alley. I couldn't remember what I was doing there or how I got there, but it seemed like I had bigger problems...
————————————————————————
I DID IT!!!! I made the first part of my story! Sorry it is very short but I'll try to update fast, see you soon.
PS: My favorite Ninja is Kai, so don't wonder when most of my stories are about him... by the way what's your favorite charakter in Ninjago? ( plz. comment)
Bye! 👋🏾