I got up. "I've got to go. I have to head to class." I rubbed the top of the dog's head. "I'll be back, I promise."

•••

"Where have you been?" Cedric questioned when he noticed me walking towards Ravenclaw Tower.

"Just outside."

"It's dangerous to be outside."

"Wasn't Sirius Black rumoured to be inside? It's fine, Ced, I can handle myself." My gaze traced down Cedric's figure, dirt and grass stains on his uniform. "Were you just at Quidditch practice?"

"Yeah, the game's coming up soon."

I furrowed my brow. "I thought that the one coming up was Slytherin and Gryffindor?"

"Slytherin backed out because their Seeker had a broken arm-" which isn't true, "-so Hufflepuff's filling in."

I hummed, realizing that I'd probably have to watch the game instead of lock myself in the Shrieking Shack for the weekend. "I'll be rooting for you," was all I could think of saying before walking off, trying to avoid any more interrogation from my brother.

I went to Ravenclaw Tower and to my dorm, where my friends were whispering around Sue's bed.

"What are you guys talking about?"

"We learned why all the students had to sleep in the Great Hall last night," Sue answered in a hushed voice. "Sirius Black attacked the Fat Lady! The painting that protects Gryffindor Tower!"

My brows raised. "Really?"

"Three slashes in the canvas!"

I placed my hand on my chin. Sirius Black was certainly after Harry - why else pass every other tower and classroom if he weren't? If not Harry, then who else would he be after?

I glanced at the notebook resting on the nightstand that connected to Draco's, all the way back in the dungeon. Sirius Black, from what I had found, was related to him.

"You're not planning on talking to him, are you?" Lisa questioned with her nose scrunched up. "He's the reason Care of Magical Creatures got so boring." She wasn't one who would join in on the conversation unless she felt it to be necessary, so it felt like I had to listen.

"Right... yeah." I didn't even know what I was planning on asking him. I placed a heave of books on my bed, including Hogwarts: 1971-1972. "We should go to Defence Against the Dark Arts."

When I entered Defence Against the Dark Arts, I was cruelly reminded how tiring werewolf transformations are... by Snape standing at the front of the class.

"Turn to page 394," he enunciated.

I furrowed my brow. Werewolves?

"As Professor Lupin has not left a record of the topics you have covered so far-"

"Please sir," Hermione said quickly. "We've done Boggarts, Red Caps, grindylows, and we're just about to start-"

"Be quiet," Snape snapped. "I did not ask for information. I was merely commenting on his lack of organization."

Knowing how spiteful Snape could be, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a record of what we had learned but he just didn't want to acknowledge it.

Studying werewolves, now? That was no mistake nor coincidence. He knew that we weren't supposed to do werewolves for weeks, but he wanted us to know.

"Which of you can distinguish a werewolf from a real wolf?"

Hermione raised her hand but he was quick to ignore her.