16 | Out of Bed Again

It seemed that every Slytherin had decided on a singular Gryffindor to bully (or obsess over, either one) as I found Pansy and her group of friends laughing as Neville was being held in the air by his foot.

"Expelliarmus!"

I caught the wand that went flying into the air and Neville dropped to the floor.

"Shove off, Griffin," Pansy spat.

"Off of your boyfriend or off of your back?"

It was hilariously easy to push her buttons, easier than with Draco's other fangirls. She stomped off with two other girls from Slytherin following behind and I looked to Neville, who seemed dazed as he sat at my feet.

"Are you alright?" I asked, kneeling down in front of him. "Did you hit your head?"

"No, I'm alright." He scratched his unruly hair. "Thank you."

"Not a problem." I held out my hand, which he took, and helped him to his feet.

I heard footsteps speeding through the hallway, the quickness of each step implying that it was most definitely Percy Weasley. "Let's go before we get in trouble for being without a teacher," I urged, pushing Neville down the hall.

"I'll walk you to your common room," I offered, holding his robe. "So you don't run into an unpreferred crowd again."

He nodded and followed me through the halls, perhaps expecting me to pull on a statue and for a wall to open up.

I didn't do that, though.

With my personal investigations, the fact that we weren't in the same house, and, on top of that, all the school work we got, it was hard for us to actually get a chance to hang out.

We were "friends" of some sort, right?

"Has Draco been bothering you?"

Neville shook his head. "I'm a bit surprised, actually. Did you say something to him?"

"No? I don't really bring up his mannerisms. He gets all touchy about them. I only bring them up when they happen in front of me." I grinned. "But I'm glad that he's backing off a bit."

"I hope it stay that way. I'm not as confident as you..."

"Sure you are!" I tapped my wand on his back. "Come on, confidence! Don't go slouching like that. And a bigger voice, don't sound so timid."

Neville nodded slowly, although after a couple of steps, he returned to his timid posture.

I chuckled but didn't bother fixing it again.

All students are to return to their dormitories at once. All teachers to the second floor corridor immediately.

I looked up to where Professor McGonagall's voice echoed from, then back at Neville. "How much farther is your common room?"

"Just around this corner."

"Alright, I'll..." I glanced behind me, seeing Harry and Ron peering from around the corner. "...see you tomorrow."

I ran off to join the two and we rushed to the second floor corridor to find the teachers all gathered around.

"As you can see, the Heir of Slytherin has left another message," Professor McGonagall said as her arm motioned to the wall, another message written in blood painted on it.

HER SKELETON WILL LIE IN THE CHAMBER FOREVER.

I squinted, wondering who 'her' may be.

Professor McGonagall clasped her hands together in worry. "Students must be sent home. I fear that this is the end of Hogwarts."