FOUR

CHAPTER FOURa path to take

CHAPTER FOUR
a path to take

✧༺♥༻✧
(August 16, 2022)

Sola nervously fidgets onto her white collared blouse but hisses in pain as the older woman walked passed by her and swatted her hand.

"I told you to stop wrinkling with your collar." She reprimanded her, slightly glaring down at the girl. The teenager throws her head back in dismay, clearly not enjoying the current situation.

"But I can't breath!" She dramatically said, itching to unbutton the first two buttons on her collar.

"Ah ah ah! You're supposed to be formal attire so just deal with it for a while." Sarah replies to her before disappearing towards the kitchen. The midnight blue haired girl shook her head in exasperation and crossed her arms together, pouting slightly.

"I don't what to do Sarah. I can't believe I'm getting a job meeting at just 16." Sola groans before bringing her head back up to look at Sarah, who came back from the kitchen.

"Maybe this is a bad idea. Maybe I should just back out and just say—" She yelps in pain as Sarah inflicted pain onto the younger girl's forehead by flicking it. The older woman looks down at her with a disapproving look as she places both of her hands onto the sides of her waist.

"No one is quitting, you hear me? Most especially not you. I know dang well that you've been wanting this since the day you get to walk and talk. So try to relax and think of it as a school interview, yeah?" Sarah told her, fixing once more the younger girl's collar.

"I'm sure that they will definitely love you." Sola raised a questioning brow at her caretaker's words.

"Are you serious?"

Sarah gives her a weird look before shrugging, "Of course I am, sugar! They'll love you as much as I love you. You're just too... adorable!" She giggles and pinches the girl's cheeks to her dismay.

"Sure, like that would help at all." The younger girl sarcastically said as she pushes her face away from the older woman and caresses it. "And will you quit pinching my cheeks! This is clearly child abuse."

Sarah just shook her head in amusement at the younger girl's antics.

The midnight blue haired girl sighed before looking straight at the computer screen where the join call button of the zoom meeting was shown.

"D-do I look fine?" Sola suddenly blurts out, turning slightly towards Sarah. The older woman smiles and tucks the girl's stray of hair behind her ear. She looked once more before nodding.

"You look absolutely gorgeous my darling. You don't have nothing to fear, I'll be just here by your side okay?" Sarah reassures the younger girl, who smiles and squeezes the older woman's hand.