Chapter 5

"Safia! Safia! There's an emergency!" A panicked voice screamed from the other side of the door, loudly smacking their hand against it in a panic, "Safia! Safia!"

"Ugh, fuck my life..." she huffed, sending an apologetic look to Starlight, she called back, "door is open!"

"Oh my God you would not believe what's happened-" Ashley practically screeched, storming into the room panicked only to stop and panic further at the sight of Starlight relaxing on the couch. "You can't have anyone in here. What is Starlight doing here?! Is that alcohol? Homelander has been very clear you are not allowed to drink!" She bleated like a goat, practically like a mother nagging their underage child.

Safia's brow rose, unamused, "Ashley. Shut up."

"No, if he finds out-"

"He won't. If he does I'll make sure to tell him who gave it to me," the brunette threatened icily, sealed with a smirk.

"You wouldn't..."

"Who's he gonna believe, Ash? What the fucks happened anyway?"

With wide eyes the red head spoke gravely, "I can't explain it here, there's an outfit waiting for you in the car. We need to go now."

"Give me a second,"

Ashley took the hint hesitantly, leaving the room with a consistently panicked look on her face. Safia could only roll her eyes in annoyance, flickering her gaze back to Starlight who was nudging towards the door.

"Thank you for coming. Anytime he's gone feel free to come by, I'm always here.. we can finish our talk?" Safia wondered, grasping for the heroes hand and squeezing reassuringly.

"Thanks, Safia," Starlight thanked before querying, "can I ask why you're being called in? You don't have powers..."

The brunette shrugged, "nothing gets America harder than a white man with a compliant, foreign housewife."

In a blur, the hispanic woman was ushered out of the tower with Ashley and a handful of security guards. They piled into three seperate SUVs, speeding out of the tower and through the city. With great difficulty, she changed in the backseat as Ashley gave her the entire rundown.

The more Ashley explained- the more she dreaded where she was headed.

With utter honesty and simplicity, she clarified, "so the flight was hijacked, they tried to stop it but the plane went down abandoning everyone on board?"

"Not quite,"

"Really?"

"Uh.. no, that's, uh, pretty spot on," the redhead gulped, practically shivering with anxiety. Her pale fingers tapped at the iPad in her hands, typing and reorganising chaotically.

"Did they even try to save anyone?"

"Uh...

"Sant mierda..." Safia swore under her breath, buttoning up the front of the ludicrously expensive dress. Luckily the dress was long with the a high enough neckline, unfortunately the buttons stopped short with a slit, leaving majority of her legs exposed. More for the cameras to ogle...

"You know the drill, you're here, you're sympathetic, a tragedy has just happened and you are trying to be strong for Homelander, but also struggling to- you are devastated for your boyfriend to carry this weight on his shoulders," Ashley ranted, dictating how she should act once out of the car.

Safia was more concerned about other things.

"Is this going to affect the military contract?"

If it would affect the contract, it'd fuck with her life. That bill being passed was meant to be her saving grace, Homelander would be out of the house more and she'd finally have some space to breathe. If this fucked that all up- there was a chance he would get worse.